𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘, 𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍

The morning came faster than I could anticipate

The morning came faster than I could anticipate. I couldn't believe what happened last night. I met my ex-boyfriend who was my best friend's fiance now. They're engaged and were just saving enough money before their wedding.

I still haven't gotten over draken but who cares? As long as they are happy, I'm happy too, I guess?

I sighed in frustration and went downstairs. There, I saw Emma about to leave.

"Oh, you woke up early. I'm going to work, you can just cook anything you want there" she whispered and waved at me.

"I see, take care and be careful!" I responded with a genuine smile, waving at her.

I sighed as soon as she left. I didn't know where I'd be staying if we didn't meet last night. I'm probably sleeping in the streets by now.

But depending on my best friend isn't the only thing I know! I rushed to the kitchen and washed my face. I didn't bother eating anything since I'm still full. I went upstairs to dress formally. I plan on looking for a suitable job for me today. I need to make a living.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I rolled my eyes as soon as I heard his voice from behind. No word could ever describe how much I am bothered by his voice. I didn't bother looking back and walked recklessly away from him.

"Why do you even car-"

A shock could be seen on my face as soon as he grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me closer to him. I was leaning too close to him to the point that I could feel his heartbeat.

"Watch your footsteps" he added, freeing me from his embrace. Turns out there was a motorcycle rushing towards me earlier, but it was all thanks to him, I didn't get hit by it.

"I-I'm sorry! Thank you" I stuttered as I responded awkwardly, turning my back on him.

"Emma told me to accompany you, where are you going?" he asked.