𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘, fate badges for us to meet again

The beautiful cocktail-blue shade of the sky was beginning to darken into gravel-grey

The beautiful cocktail-blue shade of the sky was beginning to darken into gravel-grey. Large pillows of cloud were forming, blotting out the old-gold color of the sun.

I blinked as I got the first splatter of rain when I was halfway across the street. I let myself be soaked and wet, remembering how much I suffered from my family. Droplets of moisture began to drip on me as the rainfall became more intense. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise.

I just don't get it. Why is it always me when something bad happens to them? Did I do too much in the past life that I had to endure all of this? My mother abandoned me saying that I am a child full of misfortunes. My father sold me to someone older than him just for money. That filthy old fogey made me do anything as if I was his slave.

Finally, maybe God has already had enough and spoken up for me. He gave me a chance to live freely as other girls would. I was freed from his abuse and he was immediately sent to jail but that didn't even bring happiness to me, not a little bit. I want to torture him to death, killing him slowly was one way to satisfy me.

"You're drenched"

Footsteps from behind were heard, as well as a familiar voice. Whoever it is, immediately wrapped a jacket around me. My eyes widened, this feeling gave me the warmth that I long for. The feeling I never felt before.