𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡, 𝗍𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗐

The fragrance of hospital disinfectant infiltrated my nostrils as I woke up

The fragrance of hospital disinfectant infiltrated my nostrils as I woke up. Apart from my heavy breathing and the beep-beep sound of machines, the room was deafeningly quiet.

I gently opened my eyes, squinting to try to focus on the hazy sights in front of me.

"I've been here for how long?"

My palm reaches towards my face on impulse, touching the painful spot on my head.

"Aw!" I flinched at the pain as I attempted to stand up.

I immediately fell back onto the bed after stepping on the chilly floor. My body was in excruciating pain, as though opposing my ability to stand.

I sighed in frustration as I sat there, helpless, waiting for the pain to subside. I'm looking up at the ceiling, which is lit by a white fluorescent light.

I closed my eyes, trying to recall what had happened. Then it all crumbles on me. The memory of it all begins to take over my mind. My eyes widened as soon as I realized something. Oh well shit, my baby!

I caressed my belly hoping and praying that my child made it. Please, don't give up on your mom, baby.

This uneasy feeling lingering all over my body was bothersome. The doctor went to me and told me that a week had passed already. I sighed in frustration realizing that I'd been helplessly lying here for a week.

I gathered all the courage I had just to ask the doctor how I was doing but I was never expecting such an answer.

She came at me in a worried manner and said, "I'm sorry miss y/n, but the accident had a very big impact on you, making you lose the baby in your womb. You just had a miscarriage"

"W-What do you mean?"

I gulped, as a quiver of fear came after me. My heartbeat was increasing and there was nothing my brain could process. I knew it, this is why I was surrounded by that uneasy feeling earlier. Shit! Shit! Shit!

I burst into tears as the doctor tried to calm me down. For a second there, I tried to protect this child. How come I tend to realize things when it is already late?