Chapter 8

(Carter's POV)

Florida was unusually cold that day, which was a good thing. We were able to wear jeans and sweatshirts, using the hoods to help hide our faces.

"What did Jimmy do last night?" I asked as I laced up my black Converse.

"Oh, you know, went out and killed people then came back here. He smashed the tracking device within the knife but still didn't get the real Knifey back," Ghost explained.

"How did he manage to get the other knife in the first place, sir?" Toast asked.

"They must've managed to switch it out with the one in the police station," Ghost guessed.

"Or maybe one of them works at the police station," I suggested.

"You think?" Toast asked.

"I don't know, the only one who would know is Ghost," I said, looking over at him.

He shook his head and slipped on his shoes. I groaned in frustration to Ghost's stubbornness. Toast and I stood by the door as Ghost made sure we weren't forgetting something vital. We stepped out the door and Johnny locked it up. He turned around to face us, a smirk on his face.

"Looks like we're going to Disney world."

-•-

"Let's go there!" I exclaimed, pointing at the large building.

"You want to go to Cinderella's castle?" Ghost asked.

"Yes! That's my favorite Disney movie!" I cheered.

I grabbed Toast and Ghost by their wrists and pulled them behind me. The temperature that was strangely cold for Florida caused most people to leave. The lines weren't long due to the 'cold'. But if I hadn't lived in Michigan then I would've thought this was freezing too. Clouds hung overhead like grey paint smeared over a blue canvas. The sun couldn't even be seen behind the dark masses. Rain was almost palpable in the air; every third person I walked by had an umbrella, waiting for the drops to fall.

"Carter, don't draw attention to us," Ghost said.

I slowed down once we neared the towering castle. The off-white walls and blue tiers happily reminded me of my childhood. I watched the movie every night when I was six.

"After this we're going to the haunted mansion," Ghost said.

"Of course, the paranormal investigators wanna go to a haunted mansion at Disney world, I'm so surprised," I said sarcastically. "Now, let's go."

We walked down halls with intricate mosaics covering the walls, each looked like it'd take years to make. The little light from outside shone in through the stained-glass windows, making spots of color on the marble floors. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, each bigger and better than the last.

"This is amazing," I breathed. "It's like my childhood came to life."

"I can't wait to go to the mansion to point out everything they portrayed wrong about ghosts," Ghost said.

"I agree, sir," Toast added.

I rolled my eyes at the two and continued forward until reaching a large room with a large throne. It was tall with mesmerizing gold and dark blue cushions. Sitting upon it was none other than the lady who played Cinderella. Her blond hair was pulled up into a tight bun, a black headband resting by it. Her glass shoes stuck out from her blue gown while she sat.

"This is so cool," I said.

Cinderella noticed us and stood up as we walked forward. Her dress fell to cover her feet and a smile was spread across her red lips.