Chapter 1: The RUINS

I sighed as I finally reached my apartment after returning from my job. The Old folks' home was indeed a difficult and exhausting job. I've spent my time cleaning, preparing the bedsheets and aiding the elders with care but the feeling of tiredness brought a smile on my lips, I felt proud of myself that I had finally found a decent job and with a good payment.

Exhaustedly, I throw my whole weight on my soft couch and lazily took off my black sneakers pushing them away with the help of my feet and closed my eyes for a bit.

Another tired sigh left from my lips, slowly, I opened my eyes and moved my head to the left and there stood my purse keeping me company. I grabbed my purse and fished for my phone to look for the time. It was 5:30 pm. Giving myself one good stretch causing my bones to pop before closing my eyes once again.

As time passed, I weakly opened my sore eyes from my deep slumber, the first thing that I saw was the rich color yellow. I carefully move myself in a comfortable position until I felt the soft petals brush against my hands.

I gasped, where am I?

I sat up and noticed that I was laying on a flowerbed of golden flowers, how did I get here? What happened!?

The last thing I remembered I was on my couch sound asleep.

Did I...? No, it can't be!

Suddenly a low sobbing noise was heard far away at the other side of the room, it sounded desperate. Despite the fact of waking up in a strange place I decided to follow the noise and look if there was another living source stuck in this place with me.

I didn't care who it was, all I wanted was some company from this dark place.

As I weakly entered the room, I found myself an empty patch of grass laying in the middle of the dark area, strangely it felt like it was missing something but I couldn't tell.

The sobbing noise was getting louder; I proceeded my risky journey leaving the mysterious gloomy room behind and entering another room, it was different compared the other room, the new area was beautifully surrounded with magenta tiles, the walls was nicely decorated with twisted green vines while the floor was neatly adorned with dry red leaves.

The sight was so breathless that I immediately forgotten about the mysterious weeping person and didn't even noticed on how long I stood there, suddenly I heard footsteps coming ahead of the room, I stood there frozen in place unsure if running was a good idea.

And there it was, a beastly female figure appeared in the room, small horns adorned at the top of her head and had droopy long ears. She worn purple robes with a strange symbol on her chest. I couldn't help but admire her features.

She wiped away the leftover tears before looking down and notice me staring, which made her eyes widen at my presence.

"Oh dear," She gasped, "I did not expect a human to be in this room... Ahem, greetings, do not be afraid, I am Toriel, caretaker of the Ruins. It has been years since the last human had fallen here." She smiled at me gently.

I slowly nodded my head, confused on what she was saying. "You must have had a nasty fall, come." She offered her large paw for me to hold, I looked at it for a moment until I had the courage to grab her hand making 'Toriel' smile even more. Surprisingly it was extremely soft and warm.

"Right this way."

...

The walk towards Toriel's home didn't took long, the house was small yet tidy for a monster, as we entered the first thing I noticed was a huge strange stairs leading down for another room. Could that be the basement?