Chapter 3: Doll Eyes

Toriel woke up from a loud noise that came outside of her bedroom. Immediately, she jumped out of her bed and bolted to the door, afraid that a monster had broken into her home to take (y/n)'s soul.

Toriel prepared a magical ball of fire out of her hand helping her light her surroundings, once she opened the door and noticed that (y/n)'s door was wide open.

"Oh no! This can't be happening!" Toriel gasped in horror seeing the empty makeshift bed. She laid her hand on her muzzle as she tried her best to calm herself down, just when she was about to burst into tears, she suddenly heard light footsteps that was coming from downstairs.

'Maybe its not too late' she thought to herself.

Letting out a low growl, Toriel raced down the stairs as fast as her legs could carry her, she winced as she felt the cold floor slowly burning her feet at each step she took, white snowflakes suddenly appeared flowing around the dark room. Her eyes immediately spotted a small silhouette outside of the doors, just when Toriel was about to throw ball of flame at them she noticed how the small figure looked familiar.

"(y/n)?"

The poor puzzled goat quietly walked closer to the young human that stood firm, paying no attention to the cold breeze that was slowly turning her skin Icey blue.

"y/n, my dear? Are you hurt?" Silence was all she received, Toriel took a closer look and noticed how you had a blank look on your face, your eyes were wide and glassy like if you were a porcelain doll. You were fully dressed in your daily attire that was now covered in snow that was slowly melting itself from the little warmth that your body has contained.

When she finished analyzing you, she then realized what was happening. She had seen it before. Smiling, she gently brushed away the remaining snow that covered your shoulders and carefully held your hand guiding you back to the ruins.

You blinked a bit as you felt the warm touch of Toriel's hand, you rubbed your eyes before letting out a tired yawn and began to shiver a bit.

"I'm so cold." You said softly as you began to tremble as a leaf, still unaware of your surroundings. Toriel pulled your freezing body towards hers, providing you some warmth.

"It's alright, I got you. Let us go inside before you freeze." She reassured.