Talk

Damon:
     As I sit in my room for the night in the guest house, my mind drifts back to my mate. She and her wolf form were both breathtaking. I guess having to wait so long to find her was worth it.
    I also thought about the rogue attacks, they'd been getting stronger, doubling in size when attacking our borders. Now more than ever I wanted to end them all, my mate had to be kept safe at all costs.
     My thinking abruptly stops when I smell my mates delicious scent coming from outside my door, I get up quickly and open it before she can even knock. But what I see makes my heart stop.
     Her eyes were puffy and red from crying, tears still spilling out as she stares at the floor, avoiding my gaze. Immediately I engulf her in my arms. "Katie, who made you cry? " "I will kill them all!" My wolf growls out lowly. She silently shakes her head, clearly not wanting to talk about that.
    We stand holding on to each other for a little while until she finally stops sniffling and breaks from me, looking me in the eyes.
     Those blue green eyes I could get lost in all day. She puts her hand up onto my cheek, gasping at the sparks from the skin to skin contact. I smile and my wolf pokes through wanting our mate to hear our feelings. "Katie, you can tell me when you're ready what made you so upset, and I know we've only known each other for a short time, but I will crush anyone who dares to hurt you. I will always be here no matter what, to fight for you, fight with you, protect you. You are my blessing from the moon goddess and I want you to be happy with me.