Chapter 6: I Want Your Guy, You Want Mine

Chapter Six

Marcel stood on my doorstep, six minutes before the clock struck at midnight. "Hey," I said gently, in my pjs now. He never texted me after I told him I was home for dinner and said I wanted to have a nightcap. But here he was, face expressionless and clothes disheveled.

"Sorry I'm late," he said simply.

"Did you fall asleep?" I asked, chuckling. That's what it looked like.

"Where's Davina?"

I straighten up, a frown on my lips as I stepped back to let him in. "Still asleep on my couch," I answered. "But I was hoping we could talk."

"About what?" He scoffed. "I don't want to hear about your date. I just want to get Davina and go."

"Marcel," I sighed, following him to my living room. I reached a hand out to stop him, grabbing hold of his large bicep. "It wasn't a date."

"It sure as hell seems like it. You were with him for nearly four hours," he growled, turning back to look at me. Eyes glaring, nostril flaring, and his lips curled up in anger. My sister was right. He did have a temper. I wasn't afraid however. It actually turned me on. And I hated to admit that. But I knew it was because he was jealous.

"We were talking," I defended. "That's it. He practically forced me to agree to dinner to begin with. Think Cami is trying to set me up with him. I'm not interested in him."

"You're not interested in me either, so you say."

I frowned, "I never said I wasn't interested in you. I said I wasn't interested in having a boyfriend and settling down. But—"

"Me either," he said. "I'm feeling like now is not the right time for me to pursue a relationship. Life is all about timing, you know?"

"You're upset with me," I assumed.

"No. I'm not."

"Anger is written all over your face," I quipped. "But I wanted you to come over to prove to you that Klaus isn't the guy I want."

Marcel's whole face dropped, "what?" He nearly whispered.

I smiled, sliding my hand up his arm and stepping closer to him. "He walked me to my door and I was afraid he was going to go for a goodnight kiss because we did have a great time together. Thankfully he didn't try it, instead he kissed my cheek and left. I was so relieved because the only person I want to kiss is—"

"Don't say it," he cut me off, using his hand to push mine off of him. "I need to get Davina home."

"Marcel," I frowned as he walked further away from me. I was confused. Very confused. I followed him to the living room when he was scooping Davina into his arms. My eyes landed on his neck. He had his head tilted to adjust her on his shoulder. But all I could see were faint hickeys. They weren't prominent on his dark skin, but I could see them clearly in my brightly lit room. "You slept with her?"

"Huh?" He uttered, looking back at me with wide, guilty eyes. Like a deer in the headlights. I scoffed. Unbelievable. I know he heard me. His eyes told me my answer. He was with someone tonight. My sister at that. Can't believe he had the audacity to be jealous about me and Klaus.

"Hickeys are all over your neck," I commented. "You all of a sudden not interested in a relationship or not interested in me anymore?"

"It's not like that, Gemma," he argued, facing me with Davina in his arms. "I am interested in you. I just—"

"I don't want to hear it."

"Gemma," he sighed.

"Get her home safely please."