Chapter 18: Wow

The Ladies Dresses in this chapter:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday September 18th

I stayed home from school for at least a week due to my face. The swelling took forever to go down, and the bruising to fade. It was still pretty bruised, but not as bad as last week. A little makeup to cover it up worked like a charm. I also wasn't excited to go back to school because I just knew there was going to be rumors all around school.

My biggest concern was the rumors about Zayn and I. He missed an entire week of school as well to stay with me to make sure I was fine. No matter how many times I told him I was okay, he just didn't seem to believe me. So the both of us missing just wasn't going to sit right with people. He spent the night a lot too.

I will say he became a lot closer this past week. It was nice. I actually had fun with him which is super weird to say. We'd watch movies, eat tons of junk food (pretty sure I gained a couple good pounds), fall asleep next to each other, take pictures, and eat more junk food. All together it was good. I was going to miss it.

But eventually it all leads to an end. I was finally going back to school today. I liked spending my time at home... with Zayn. I made sure to cover up any leftover bruises with cover up and got into my clothes. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked down the stairs. Jen was waiting for me by the door.

"Finally, hurry up, we're gonna be late." Jen grumbled. Me and her were still not on the best speaking terms. It wasn't as bad as last week, but after everything that happened, she started to feel bad for me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the keys off the hook, left out of the house, and got into the car. Fifteen minutes later we were at school.

"Just drop me off here." Jen said. I looked at the group of friends she was with, and they weren't her normal friends. These newer ones looked like high class preppy cheerleaders.

"Where's your other friends?" I asked stopping the car.

"Why does it matter?" She replied rudely. I gave her a look and she just rolled her eyes and started getting out of the car.

"Wait for me after cheer tryouts. It ends at four." Jen said and walked off to her newer friends.

High School, the place where you lose your virginity and where friendships are ruined. Guessing that those new friends are part of the cheer team. Not that there was any issue with cheerleaders, but these girls just seemed mean. I drove into the Senior parking lot and got out of my car. I saw a big head of curls coming my way with a huge smile spread on his face. I sighed to myself and locked up my car.

"Leah you're back!" He said happily and gave me a tight hug. I was still pretty sore from everything, so when he hugged me and started spinning me around, it hurt a lot.