Chapter 25: I Need Time

Friday October 2nd

Friday October 2nd

Packing, packing was what Zayn and I had been doing all last night and very early this morning. Our flight leaves at six this morning, and it is currently 3:05 am. I looked at my list of stuff and made sure I had everything that I had brought was back inside my many bags. I looked over at Zayn who had finished packing just a few minutes ago. He was sitting on my bed with his phone in his hand texting someone. Once I had finally finished packing everything up I joined Zayn on the bed.

"Finished?" He asked, not bothering to look up at me. I wrapped my arm under his body and on top of chest.

"Yeah, it took me forever, but I'm done." I sighed. He looked at me this time and smiled.

"Great, we should go grab a bite. I'm starving." Zayn told me, and gave my head a kiss.

"It's three in the morning, what's open at three in the morning?"

"I don't know, something is though."

"Well, we can grab a quick bite, our plane leaves in three hours, and it takes at least an hour or two to get to the airport depending on how much traffic there is. So let's go to McDonalds, if it's open." I said rolling off the bed and standing up.

"Okay then. A place that's literally everywhere around the world on our last day in Cali. Alright." Zayn said grumpily. I looked at him and he was still laying down in bed. He was looking at his phone, busy texting someone again. I stared at him curiously and quickly pulled his phone out of his hands. He literally jumped up at me and tackled me to the floor to get his phone back. I put it down my shirt before he could grab it.

"Give me the phone Leah." He told me as he pinned me to the floor. He looked serious. Like one hundred percent serious. Made me wonder who he was texting.

"Who have you been texting this whole time?" I asked, looking up into his dark brown eyes. He glared at me and shook his head.

"No one. Now give me the phone please." He didn't say it any nicer than the first time. I glared at him this time.

"No. Tell me who you're texting." I demanded.

"Leah I will put my hand down your shirt and dig for my phone if you don't give it back." He huffed.

"Do it. But if you don't tell me who you're texting, you can forget about going to breakfast with me." I told him with an evident attitude laced in my tone.

"Fine by me. Phone please." He said, holding out his hand. My heart dropped. It dropped right in the pit of my stomach. Was whoever he was texting more important than me? Was there someone new? Someone better?

I looked him deep in the eyes for another good second before I pulled the phone out of my shirt. I shoved him off me and got up. Zayn went right back to texting that person. I looked at him and glared and then walked out of my room, slamming my door shut to make an emphasis that I was pissed. Or maybe hurt. Both? I don't know. I was fighting back tears that was for sure. I walked down into the kitchen and saw my mom and Carlos. I ignored them, hoping they wouldn't see me, and grabbed my keys off the hook by the door.