The Struggle Of Living Two Separate Lives

I pull back the curtain that covered up my side of the apartment, and saw Peter was trying to tie a tie in the mirror. I snicker at his fail attempt. "Need some help?" I asked, walking over. Peter, tried once more to tie it himself before he let out a sigh of defeat, turning to me. "Please."

"The Amazing Spider-Man, beaten by a tie." I said, unraveling the mess he made, before I started to tie it. "It's been a while since I wore it." I quickly tie it for him, smiling at my work. "There. Easy as pie." I said, playfully slapping his shoulder before I walked around him to grab my helmet.

"Thank you, (Name)." Peter checks himself in the mirror before he smiles, taking the play ticket. He grabs his helmet and we exited the apartment. "Rent?" We heard Mr. Ditkovich say from the bathroom. Peter ran down the stairs to avoid him, while I jump over the railing to get away even faster. "Where's my money?!"

When we managed to make it outside, where we unchain our bikes. "Go get her, Tiger." I told Peter, before I drove off to La Grenouille. "Same to you!" Peter called out me.

On my drive to the restaurant, I heard a window break down a street I was about to pass. My instincts kick in, and I made a hard turn to the right, to investigator. I drove passed a jewelry store, that was being broken into. Come on, it's a Friday night, don't they have anything better to do?

I drove into a nearby alley where I could quickly changed, before I swing over to the crime scene. I lower myself down on a web, in front of the broken window. I saw a tall muscle man in the shadows, breaking the glass cases to gather up the jewels. "Looking for something pretty, for your girl?"

The man jump and spun around, aiming his gun at me. "Sorry, but I'm afraid the store is closed." I shoot a web to grab the gun, yanking it out of his hand. The man look at his now empty hand, startled, before I shot another web at his chest. I pull on the web, to yank him out of the store and onto the sidewalk.

The man trip and fell to the ground, dropping the bag full of stolen jewelry. "Trying coming back tomorrow though." I said, webbing up the bag, so he couldn't pick it up.

The man stood up, turning to face me with an irritated look. With the lights now shining on him, I could make out what he looked like. The man had short brown hair, and was wearing a dark green shirt, with light green stripes across it. "I don't want to hurt you."

"If you didn't want that, you wouldn't have rob a jewelry store." The man tried punching me, but I avoiding his attack. I web his hands and legs to the wall, next to the broken window. "How about you sit tight, until the police arrive?" I asked him, landing in front of him.

"No! I can't!" He said, struggling to get free. Hearing sirens approaching, I turn in the police's direction. "Looks like you don't have a choice, Pal." I look at the man, who continued to fight against my webs. "Word of advice, for when you get out. Don't try to rob from people." I then do a hat tip gesture. "See ya, Mr. criminal!" Before I shoot a web and swing back to the alley.

I changed back into my dress clothes and arrived at La Grenouille. A bit late thanks to Mr. Break-In, but not too late. It's progress I guess. I made my way through the restaurant and to the table where Harry was waiting. "(Name), for a second there I thought you bailed on me."

"Come on, waiting a few more minutes wasn't going to kill you." I said, taking a seat across from him. "Actually you're 20 minutes late." He told me. "Well, maybe your should consider investing in improving the traffic in New York, with those big Oscorp bucks." Harry laughs. "Maybe, after that Idol of your makes us all rich."

The waiter came by to take our drink orders and we looked over the menu, trying to decide on what to eat. "So, you're classes going well?" Harry asked. "Yeah, their alright. Pretty boring since you've dropped out." I said making Harry chuckle.

"Was your roommate upset about you leaving and moving in with Pete?" He then asked. "Felicia? Naw.... Actually she dropped out too and I haven't heard from her since I left. I hope she's alright." I said, glancing at the window just in time to catch a black cat walking by.

"I'm sure she's fine. She's tough." Harry said, picking up his glass to take a drink. "Now that you're living with Pete..." Harry sets his glass back on the table, and look me dead in the eye, with a hard glare. "Do you get to see his pictures of Spider-Woman before he sells them to the Bugle?"

I drop my menu and frown at Harry, in disappointment. "Harry, I thought we agree we wouldn't talk about them." I said, crossing my arms and leaning back in my seat. "I agree to not talk about Him. Not Spider-Woman."

"Is that the only reason you ask me out? So, you can get information out of me? Just because I live with Peter, doesn't mean I know who they are." Even if wasn't lying I still be piss. I mean, who asks someone out just to get info from them?!

"(Name), he killed me father. If you had a father, you would understand. You have no idea how painful it is, to lose someone!" I stare at Harry for a moment. "Yeah..." I stood up from my seat. "I guess I don't." I then turn and walked out of the restaurant, ignoring Harry calls to come back.

I drove through the city of New York, feeling alone. Peter's on the other side of the city to see MJ, so he won't be back at the apartment for a while. Sometimes I envy her. Peter's a great guy... and he's been in love with her since we were kids. She won't ever have to be worry about him leaving.

Not wanting to spend the rest of the evening alone and sad, I drove to Dr. Octavius building. Using the spare key they gave me, I enter the building and walked through the lab. Dr. Octavius isn't working late again. I guess Rosie actually managed to get him to go to bed.

I enter the kitchen, where I found Dr. Octavius' wife, making coffee. "(Name). What surprise." Rosie said, with that always kind smile. "I'm sorry. I know it's late but..." I said, glancing at the ground. "You didn't want to be alone?" She asked, and I nodded. "Would you like some coffee?"

"Yeah... that be great actually." Rosie smile and walked over to the cabinet to grab another mug. I took a seat at the bar, glancing over at the left over notes Dr. Octavius left on the counter. "Big day tomorrow. How did you managed to get him go to bed?" I asked, looking back over at Rosie who pour the coffee.

"I have my ways. One involves Herbal Tea." Rosie set the coffee pot back and carried the two mugs over, setting one down in front of me before she took her seat at the bar. "I thought you said you had a date tonight, with Harry."

I puff my bottom lip out, in annoyance, staring down at the hot liquid in my mug. "I did. But he only asked me out to get me to tell him about Spider-Man, since Peter's my roommate and he takes his and Spider-Woman's pictures." I let out a sigh, picking up my mug to take a sip.

"I'm sorry, (Name)." Rosie said, setting her mug down with a look of concern. "It's okay... I don't think a relationship between Harry and I will ever work. Maybe it's time we both accept that. We're just... too different."

"What about that nice boy, Peter?" Rosie asked, causing me to set my mug down in disappointment. "Peter, loves another girl and me.... Well I couldn't even tell Harry I love him when we were dating. He try to give me a promise ring at our graduation and I panicked."

"Maybe you're afraid of commitment. Given your home life before you came to work with us, I can see why... (Name), have you ever had someone tell you, they love you?" I bit the the bottom of my lip, as I thought back on my relationship with Harry, two years ago. "Harry, did but it always felt..."

"Empty?" Rosie asked, causing me to look down at my mug again. "...Yeah." Rosie let out an annoyed 'tch' sound. "I wish I could give that mother of yours a piece of my mind." She said, picking up her mug to take a sip. "It's okay, Rosie. I haven't seen her in two years... I'm getting better. Thanks to you and Dr. Octavius.

"I just hope you know, (Name). We love you and I'm so happy you're here." I smile, raising my head to look at her. "Thanks Rosie. There's no place I rather be." Sometimes I really wish I had her for a Mom instead. "Would you like to spend the night? It is pretty late and I hate the idea of you driving on that bike of yours at night."

If only she knew I'm like the last person she has to worry about, being alone at night in New York. But then again I don't know when Peter will be back and right now, I still don't want to be alone. Plus the demonstration is tomorrow, so I can help get everything ready once I get up. "Sure. That's sounds great."