The Power Of The Sun In The Palm Of My Hand

I stretched out on the hide-a-bed, letting out a yawn before I open my eyes, seeing nothing but yellow. I narrow my eyes at the color before I realized it was sticky note, stuck to my forehead. I grab the little note, pulling it off my forehead and turning it over to see what it said.

Rosie made cinnamon rolls. There's a plate for you in the kitchen. -Otto

I smile at the note, before I set it aside and got up. Walking into the kitchen I found the plate with two cinnamon rolls waiting to be eaten. I took a seat and start bitting into one of the rolls, when Dr. Octavius walked in with a stack of notes. "Rosie have you seen my... Morning (Name). You haven't seen my goggles have you?"

I stared at Dr. Octavius for a moment, looking at the goggles strap to his forehead. "You mean the goggles that are on you're head?" Dr. Octavius blinks in confusion before he slowly reach his hand up to feel the goggles on his head. "Oh there they are. Thank you." He then shuffled out of the kitchen, looking at his notes.

"I think he's excited." Rosie said, entering the kitchen soon after. "I don't think I've ever seen him like this." I said, before taking another bite of my cinnamon roll. "You should have seen him on our wedding day. He tear his apartment apart looking for our rings, only to discover they were in his pocket the whole time."

"Oh man. And I thought my memory was bad." I said, with a giggle. "When Otto gets excited about something, he tends to block other things out. I love him but I wish he would be more aware of his surrounding."

"Well... that what we're here for, right?" I said making Rosie smile. "You're right. It's our job to keep his feet on the ground. Finished eating, and feel free to used the shower if you want. We have a lot to prepare this morning." Rosie then left, leaving me to finished my breakfast.

When I was done eating, I grab a bag that I store extra clothes in it, from my desk and took it to the shower. Once I was washed and dry off, I change into my lab clothes and paused to look at my Spider-Woman costume. I reach my hand out towards it, wondering if I should put it on under my clothes.

"(Name)? If you're done, could you come give me a hand?" I heard Dr. Octavius say from the other side of the door. Dr. Octavius needs (Name) today... Not Spider-Woman. I stuffed my costume into the bag and zip it up so it's out of sight.

I spend the next hours preparing everything with Dr. Octavius and his lab assistances. Until the time finally came. Many people came to the lab to watch the demonstration, one Included Harry. Who waved at me while I was getting things ready, but I ignored him.

"(Name), can I speak with you for a moment?" Dr. Octavius asked, placing his hand on my back and guiding me to the back of the lab where we can talk in private. "I want you to know that you have been one of the brightest interns I have taken on."

"Really?" I asked, smiling up at him. "Yes, you help make what we're about to do possible! So, I have a surprise for you." He said next, beaming a smile. "You do? What is it?" I asked. "Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it? I'll give it to you after the demonstration."

"Aww but I want to know what it is now." I whined in an joking way, making Dr. Octavius chuckle. "You'll see what it is soon. Now come on." Dr. Octavius put his arm around me as we walk back to the front of the lab. "Let's go change the world."

"Ladies and gentlemen..." Dr. Octavius said to the group, taking his arm off of me to stand before everyone. "...my wife Rosie and I would like to welcome you this afternoon." I notice Peter when he enter the lab and gave him a small wave.

Peter wave back as he quickly went to stand next to Harry, who eyed him for a moment before turn his attention back onto Dr. Octavius. "But first, before we start... has anybody lost a large roll of 25 dollar bills in a rubber band? Because we found the rubber band."