Spider-Man No More

(Name's) P.O.V
I made my way up the stairs of the apartment building, my eyes glued to the floor. "Rent?" Mr. Ditkovich asked me, when I reach the top floor. I ignored him and shuffled to my apartment. "Girl! Didn't you hear me?"

I unlock the door and went inside, shutting the door in Mr. Ditkovich's face. Peter, who was sitting at the desk in the apartment, look away from his work to look at me. I stayed quite, walking over to my bed, plopping down and staring at the wall. "(Name)?" I heard the chair screech again the wooden floor. Not longer after Peter appeared, slowly taking a seat next to me. "Are you okay?"

I lower my head, looking down at the floor. "I found Dr. Octavius... he..." I bit down my lip, trying to fight back the tears. "He..." I choke, and the tears started flooding out. I hunched over, placing my hand over my mouth in attempt to stop myself from completely breaking down.

Peter wrap his arms around me. I turn myself to bury my face into his chest, holding on to him tightly. "You don't have to say it." He told me, gently petting my back to calm me. "I thought... I thought if just talk him, he would come back."

I let a sniff, trying to calm myself down enough to keep talking. "But he wouldn't listen. He threatened me and told me to stay out of his way and then..." I can't contain myself anymore and started sobbing. "He almost tried to kill me."

Peter paused as his hold on me tighten for a moment, before he went back to petting my back. "He knows I'm Spider-Woman." I said next, causing Peter to freeze up. I pull away from the embrace to wipe my eyes. "He said he saw my mask and web shooters. I was being a complete idiot and forgot them in the lab a couple times. I'm so sorry, Peter."

"Don't apologize, it's alright. We'll just have to be more careful from now on." Peter told me, getting up to grab the tissue box. "He's trying to rebuild his machine. That's why he robbed the bank today." I said, letting out a sniff.

"At least we know what his goal is. We'll find him again." Peter came back to the bed, holding out the tissue box to me. I grab a tissue to wipe my eyes. "What do you want to do?" Peter asked, re-taking his seat on the bed and dropping the box of tissues on the floor. "When we find him?"

I let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know. We have to stop him... but I don't know if I can fight him. A part of me want to believe he can still be reason with. But as long as the arms are still in control, I don't think that's gonna be possible." I explained, glancing over to a photo I had of myself and Dr. Octavius.

"The arms? The inhibitor chip was destroyed." Peter said, getting my attention off the photo and back onto him. "Yeah. As long as those arms are attached to him, he's their puppet. But we can't just rip them off. The accident, fused them to his body. So, there's no way to get them off without seriously injuring him."

I know at some point I will have to fight Dr. Octavius. Even if I managed to block out my emotions and face him... he's not like Green Goblin. He might even be stronger with those arms. I'm not even sure if we can stop him.

"Are you alright?" Peter asked, breaking the silence that fell over us. "Yeah... I am now thanks to you." I look down at Peter's hand that rest on the bed. I place my hand over his to hold it. Peter look down at our hands surprise, then back up at me. "I'm glad I have you, Peter." I said, making Peter smile. "I'm glad I have you too, (Name)."

Either way, I'll do everything I can to stop Octavius. I won't lose Peter, like I lost him and Rosie.

Tomorrow night was the planetarium party for Jameson's son, the astronaut. I tagged along with Peter as an 'extra photographer' that Jameson doesn't known about. I just needed something to distract me from Dr. Octavius and everything else.