11

Today was the day that Bella was arriving. Dad had convinced me to go with him so Aiden was going to be spending a few hours with the Cullen's. I sigh heavily before rolling out of bed and lifting Aiden out of his crib. I sit down and feed him, kissing his head and humming a random tune under my breath. I smile when I feel a slight breeze in my room and look over my shoulder to see Jasper. My boyfriend sits on the bed behind me, his legs on either side of mine, and wraps his arms around my waist helping me support Aiden's weight. "Morning darlin'" Jasper says, not hiding his southern accent any more. I lean back into him and enjoy the slight cold of his skin that I could feel through our clothes. 

"Morning Honey" I turn my head and place a kiss on his jaw before snuggling under his chin. I feel him smile as he tightens his hold on us and kisses my bare shoulder. "I really don't want today to happen." 

"I know you don't. I'll be there when you need me, I'm just a text away." I let him take all of my weight as I revel in the calming reassurance that he provided. He only lets go of me when Aiden is done. "I'll take him, you go get ready" I smile and kiss him as I lay my son in his arms and go the the bathroom. I enjoy the hot water that helps to relax my already tense muscles before getting dressed. Walking back into my room I notice Jasper and Aiden weren't there and using my magic, sense them downstairs. 

I knew if I dressed nicely it would annoy Bella. Keeping this in mind I changed into a pair of fitted, ripped blue jeans, a white lace up tube top, nude suede heels and a baby pink trench coat. I used my magic to dry my hair and add a soft wave to it and smooth out any frizz. I smile at my reflection and paint a red tinted balm on my lips and a coat of mascara to my lashes to complete the look. I tightened the top laces of the top I wore and slipped my pumps into place, they weren't visible from the outside since the top had a built in bra. 

I grab a side bag that matched my shoes and put my phone and purse inside. I grab the changing bag and double check that everything was in it. Esme and Rosa had made a nursey with everything that Aiden would need so he had a place to stay if they were watching him for the night. They had my permission of course. But I still packed a bag encase they wanted to take him out as it was easier to grab and go. 

I walk down the stairs, careful not to slip on the smooth wood. "Dad you might need to add a strip of carpet to the stairs soon, once Aiden starts to learn to walk I don't want him to hurt himself." I finally look up as I step off the last step and see Dad and Jasper staring at me. "Wow." I blush at Jasper's words and put my bag and jacket over the back of the sofa and the changing bag on the floor next to it. 

"You look beautiful sweetie." Dad comes over and kisses my cheek before pointing to the stairs. "I'll get that sorted by next week."

"Thanks dad. So, what's for breakfast.?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen. Jasper holds out a plate of pancakes in answer and I look at dad wearily making him give me an offended look while Jasper chuckles. "Relax Doll, I made them. I made sure he wasn't even in the room." Jasper smirks as I let out a relieved sigh and take the plate with a smile. I gave dad a sheepish look and he sighs before shrugging his shoulders with a nod. He knew he was a disaster in the kitchen and unless it was toast, a sandwich or a drink of any kind there would be a risk of a fire.

Jasper sat down next to me with Aiden still in his arms and I smile at my son before tapping the tip of his nose lightly. We laugh we we see him cross his eyes in an attempt to see the spot I had touched. As I eat Dad sits opposite me with a coffee and read his paper while we both listen to Jasper talking to Aiden. He was explaining all the things they were going to do today. The only reason I knew dad was listening was because he had to hide his laugh when Jasper mentioned pranking Emmett. 

"Come on sweetie, time to go" I sigh as I place my now clean and dry plate in the cupboard and put my jacket on. "Am I driving?" He holds up the keys to his cruiser and I nod as I pick up my bag. "Behave for me okay baby" I rub my finger over Aiden's cheeks before kissing his forehead. I kiss Jasper goodbye and dad and I get into his car. Jasper now had a spare key so he was going to lock up after getting Aiden dressed for me. Dad trusted him since he had bonded so well with Aiden and the two of us had started dating , even if it was for a few day, our magic allowed to sense whether or not someone had negative intentions so it was easier for us to know who to trust and when. This wasn't always effective to judge on its own though since peoples intentions changed frequently depending on the person and what they were going through at the time. 

The drive to the airport was silent as the both of us were too nervous and anxious to say anything. We waited a small distance away from the baggage claim and I take dads hand in mine when I see him picking his nails again. "Relax papa, everything will be fine." I say to reassure him but I don't know if its more for him or me.

I hear his breath hitch and I look in the same direction as him. Bella was walking over looking uncomfortable in her own skin. She was dressed in a green baseball shirts, white long sleeved under shirt and a pair of loose jeans that seemed to be really ill fitted and moments away from slipping off her non-existent hips. 

"Char..Dad" Bella goes to call him by his first name but changes her mind halfway through and dad gives her an awkward hug. "It's good to see you Bella" The hug was made even more awkward by the fact that dad forgot to let go of my hand. I nod in greeting to Bella and she simply snarls at me while dad isn't watching. Dad takes one of her bags and I take his other hand before he can take the other one and we walk out. Bella can carry one of her bags herself.