14

Esme watches over Aiden for me while Jasper and I hang out in his room. We were both cuddled up on his bed with the stereo playing softly in that background while he told me more stories about his childhood, at least what he remembered about it. I ended up falling asleep for a little while and woke to Emmett's booming voice downstairs. 

Jasper growls at him for waking me and Emmett and I chuckle in response. I use my magic to 'transport' downstairs. Emmett lets out a high pitched scream at my sudden appearance and I fall to my knees laughing. Rosa joins me while Emmett pouts. 

Rosa goes to smooth her husbands ruffled feathers while I go to the kitchen when Esme waves me over. I smile at her as I skip over. "Hey Esme, I hope Aiden was well behaved" The brunette was stirring a pot with Aiden balanced on her hip. The baby pulling on a few of her curls lightly as he stared at the texture. I take my son from her and kiss his chubby cheeks. He giggles in response making me smile as I rub my nose against his.

"He will never be anything but a joy to look after." She says as she pours the tomato soup into multiple bowls. She places each bowl onto a plate and adds grilled cheese to the side. I nod and spell each one before calling the others "Foods done!" 

A strong breeze fills the room making me stumble slightly when they use their speed to come in. Edward wasn't here anymore and I turn to Alice when I realise I didn't feel him in the area. "Bella is his blood singer, he's gone up to Alaska for a little while." I groan knowing the drama this would no doubt bring and sit down next to Jasper. I kiss his cheek in thanks since he brought my food over for me.  We all sit down and eat together. I fed Aiden at one point while I was eating since I knew no one here cared at all. I loved moments like this. Being able to sit down and eat with them like a family and I knew they all felt the same way. Especially now that they had some more of their human normalcy back.

When we were done eating we all moved to the living room after I used my magic to fill the dishwasher. "I need your family crest." I state as I sit of the floor with Aiden sleeping in his rocking seat next t me. They each take off the family crest jewellery they were wearing and placed it on the coffee table in front of me without any hesitation. Alice, Rosa and Esme all wore a necklace version. Carlisle had his original ring from when he was human and Jasper and Emmett had a bracelet version.

I lit the candles that were now spread out around the room and chant in Latin. Each piece of metal glows orange before turning white, looking as if it had been heated in a furnace. When I'm done they go back to normal and they each take there own piece back and place them back on. "There. That will allow you to all eat as normal, be warmer to the touch and go out in the sun. I did the same for my other vampire family so...." I rail of letting them know it wasn't a big deal. They each smile and move over to kiss my forehead in thanks before going off to do their own thing. It was actually sunny this afternoon so I wasn't surprised when Carlisle and Esme decided to go out for a date night. It was amusing to see how nervous they both were since it would be their first ever stereotypical 'human' date since they met. 

Once everyone was gone Jasper pulls me onto the sofa to cuddle while we watched movies. The quite was only broken by either of us making small comments here and there or the random noises that would come from Aiden.

The cookies and cupcake Esme and I had made earlier were packed away into tins so I take some home for Charlie. I wave to Jasper through the window as I drive away. He was going to go hunting before coming over to mine to watch over Aiden while I slept.

The moment I got inside I place the tins on dad's lap as I walk past, kissing his head as I go and take my sleeping son upstairs to put him to bed. I take the baby monitor with me when I leave my room and make sure the barrier spell is still up to stop Bella from going inside.

"Hi pa, how was work?" I ask as I jump over the back over the sofa and sit next to him. He automatically lifts his arm and lets me cuddle into his side. "It was fine. Just a lot of paperwork today." I hum in response and take one of the chocolate chip cookies from the open tin and take a bite.

I was enjoying the buttery goodness when Bella storms down from upstairs. I see her reflection in the many photographs that littered the wall and watch as she looks around before putting her hand on her hips. "Where's dinner?"

"What do you mean?" Dad asked confused as he looks over his shoulder at his youngest daughter. "It's 8:40 and neither of you have cooked!" I frown at her tone and turn around to give her a piece of my mind but dad speaks up before me.

"I ate at the station Bella and your sister had dinner with her boyfriend. I texted you when you finished school to let you know you would have to make yourself something. I even said I would  order in if you wanted. You didn't respond so I assumed you were going to make something." Dad spoke softly but firmly as if her was scolding a child and I bite back a smirk when Bella's face starts turning red.

She stamps back up the stairs like a child, making sure her steps where dramatically loud. I yell up before dad can say anything "quietly Dumbo, the town's trying to sleep!"

I hear her offended gasp before her bedroom door slams shut. I see dad trying not to laugh as he pokes the sides of my ribs in reprimand. I smile cheekily and shove the last of the cookie into my mouth.

A/N

Sorry about the extreamly late update. I just finished assignment week so I have a little bit more time now. Plus next week is half term meaning I will only have to worry about uni and not work.

Who should be Alice's mate? one of the wolves? vamps? an OC? 

If you have an idea for an OC comment the character (or characters if you want a Polly) information and I'll see what I can do