2 - Grim Fate

Jisoo parked her car and went inside a secluded pub in the alley. The townfolks speculated that the pub is expected to close for business since there aren't much costumers around. However, for some reason, the speculation is proven to be a hoax seeing that the pub is still open for business. The old folks speculated that it was exclusively open for special costumers.

But what exactly are these special costumers?

Some courageous old men, teenagers or young adults dared to enter the pub to investigate only to be disappointed by what they see. It was just like a regular pub with a few number of costumers inside.  They concluded from their experience that the reason why the pub have few costumers is because the drinks taste weird.

Jisoo went inside and was greeted with a cold and depressing ambiance. She sat at her usual booth and called the bartender, Seulgi dela Vega. Her friendly demeanor is what makes her likeable to any kind of costumers. Jisoo was no exception despite having a bad start. Jisoo remembered clearly how they almost summoned death together when they crossed path. She didn't expect for that incident to be a start of their friendship.

"Would you like your usual?"

Seulgi asked as she stabbed a block of ice with a pick. Jisoo nodded and rested her elbow on the counter.

"Have you heard about the recent buzz around the next town?"

Seulgi asked as she poured the liquid to the glass. Jisoo shook her head and took a puff from her cigar. The bartender slid her glass smoothly towards her which she caught swiftly.

"What is it?"

She asked before drinking and savoring the liquid flow through her throat leaving a burning feeling and numbing her tense shoulders. Just exactly what she needs after a long tiresome day.

"Well... there's a strange case of a murder spree going around there."

Seulgi began as she prepared another drink for herself to join Jisoo.

"Murder spree?"

Jisoo asked curiously. If it was indeed a murder spree caused by a derange psychopath then she has no business interfering with it. That's not her job and she knows she's no hero.

"That's what the old folks say but when I got the newspaper that I specifically requested from a friend that lives in that town...it seemed like there was no murder that occured."

Seulgi said then grabbed her slingbag to get the newspaper. Jisoo waited for her to continue.

"Here...see for yourself. I think it's a rare one...whoever is behind the following deaths, that is."

Seulgi said then handed the newspaper to the exorcist. Jisoo started to read the article quietly.

'A murder spree? or an ominous coincidence?'

This Saturday morning in which Mrs.Cameron thought would be a great one since she gets to go on a trip with her husband turned out to be a nightmare that came true. One that scarred her once peaceful life. When she called her husband to wake him up to eat breakfast, she was received with an eerie silence. Worried, she decided to check for herself and went to his room. What she discovered horrified her. Her husband who was a healthy muscular man in his 30's was found dead in his bed looking thin and almost unrecognizable. If it weren't for his birthmark near his neck, she would've maybe believe that this was not her husband but someone else. When the police investigated, they got no answers but was slightly disturbed to see the look of the dead body. It was exactly like the previous death of the men that died few days ago. After the autopsy, it was simply concluded that he died from a heart attack in his sleep. The other men who was found dead the other day also had the same fate. They died in their sleep. One common trait of the people that died is that they are all men.  What made it odd was how they looked like. They looked like a dead plant shriveling. So what exactly is this phenomenon? Is this anomaly a sign that a curse has befall in this town? or is this all just a chilling and peculiar coincidence?

One thing that Jisoo is sure of is that this occurence isn't caused by a human being.

Suddenly, a customer sitting in the corner booth whispered incoherent words. Luckily for Jisoo, she heard what the stranger said with her sharp sense of hearing.

"One who is long lost has found its way and one will fall on that day."

The stranger whipped her head and looked at Jisoo. The exorcist felt uneasy with the way the stranger was looking at her. The stranger walked to where Jisoo is seated and grabbed her hastily.

"Beware of she who has no soul."

The stranger's eyes were filled with fear as she said those words to the exorcist. She, then, left which made Seulgi look at Jisoo worriedly. Seulgi noticed Jisoo looking grim while gripping her glass tightly. She stubbed out her cigar and got up to leave. When Jisoo was out of her sight, she whispers to herself while looking at where Jisoo exited.

"Já começou. Que o destino tenha piedade de ti, meu amigo." (It has begun. May fate have mercy on you, my friend.)

While starting her car, Jisoo shook off the dark thoughts that are consuming her mind. For now, all she wants is a good rest after having a long day. She stepped on the gas pedal to drive faster, wanting to arrive quickly to where she's staying, completely oblivious of what or who awaits her.

***
Note: I haven't proof-read this part so there may be some grammatical error. Also, feedbacks are highly appreciated :)