002

FUN AND GAMES

A few days later and her life started to get back on track

Ever since the Great Hall and Potions, Potter and his little friends seemed to leave her alone. Though, Theodore Nott seemed to still push her buttons.

     Alouette had her head down on her desk, Professor Snape's monotone voice made his longing lecture go on for what seemed like hours. She had only been in the class for five minutes and she already wanted to get up and walk out. Dark Arts used to be her favourite subject when Professor Lupin was around, but the years passed and her being top of the class fell straight to the bottom.

     She felt a nudge to her shoulder, looking up she was met with her grinning brother and a very annoyed Professor Snape. She sighed, rolling her eyes before she straightened up her posture.

     "Miss Darling," Snape pronounced her name slowly before turning around swiftly and walking back up to the front of the room, "Mind explaining what an Inferius is, considering the fact you thought it was best to have a little nap in my class."

     Alouette sighed, "An Inferius, also know as Inferi, is a dark creature. It's a dead corpse reanimated by a Dark Wizard's curse. They were similar, but they're distinct from a zombie," She slightly paused, eyes landing on Theo who winked. "Anyways... Professor, I was never asleep. I wish I was though."

     The class was silent as Snape turned around, Alouette could've sworn his thin, pink lips twitched, "Well Miss Darling, I didn't know my classes seemed boring to you..." He trailed off, waving his wand and in the middle of the room, a projector appeared. "Though, 20 points to Slytherin. Right, now..."

     Professor Snape's voice drowned out when Augustus slapped her on the back.

     "What the fuck, Gus?" Alouette quietly snapped as different film shots of the Inferius flicked on the board. Professor Snape pointing at each one with a long stick.

     Augustus just laughed, sliding a note onto her desk. She furrowed her eyebrows, grabbing the small piece of parchment. Alouette perused her lips together when she opened it and saw Theo's name signed at the top.

     "Really, Theo." Alouette whispered-yelled. Every class she has with him, he always gave her these little notes with different doodles of Dove's on them. She glared at him and he grinned back as she opened the folded parchment.  She expected a little dove with a flower in it's beak like last time, but this time there were actually written words.

     Are you going to the after-party tonight?

     Alouette looked up from her parchment, locking eyes with Theo. He smirked and shrugged his shoulders. She shook her head and smiled, grabbing her quill and writing back to him.