Chapter 5

It was the day that the names were going to come out of the Goblet of Fire. Harry was insanely nervous because he knew that since Cedric was already 17 that he put his name in. They all sat down and it started.
"The champion from Durmstrang is Viktor Krum!" Everyone clapped as he got up while Ron cheered enthusiastically. Harry smirked at his friend's obvious excitement. "The champion from Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!" When she got up everyone politely clapped for her. Finally it was time to announce the Hogwarts champion and Harry had never felt more scared.
"The champion fir Hogwarts is...Cedric Diggory!" Everyone clapped and although Harry's stomach dropped as he saw Cedric smiling looking so happy he started clapping. Simply because Cedric looked so happy. Cedric smiled at him as he walked by him. And then all of the sudden another paper came out of the goblet of fire. Surprising everyone in the hall. Dumbledore read the name on the paper.
"Harry Potter"
Everyone was silent and Harry was filled with dread! He didn't put his name in the goblet! He was only 14!
"Harry did you put your name in the goblet of fire?!" Dumbledore asked *ahem*. calmly.
"N-no sir I swear!" After the other champions were informed what had happened and that Harry had to compete they were furious and Harry looked so terrified.
"But he's just a little boy! How can you make him compete?" Fleur asked concerned.
"Yeah he obviously doesn't vant to compete!" Viktor added.
"Can we do anything about letting someone be dropped from the tournament  if it's against their will?" Cedric asked while comforting Harry. Cedric was terrified for Harry. He had grown feelings for the young boy since he visited him in the hospital wing last year. He could not let anything happen to this boy abd he was determined to make sure nothing would happen
"I am sorry but the rules are set in stone. He will have to compete!"
As the four champions walked off to their various locations Cedric caught up to Harry.
"Wait Potter! I'm so sorry you got dragged into this! You should not be forced into something!"
"It's ok I guess I'm used to doing this kind of stuff I'm kinda the boy who lived and all!" Harry told him. Cedric chuckled.
"Ok but hey maybe we can help each other out after all we are both playing for Hogwarts!"
"Really um ok if you the poster boy for Hufflepuff is ok with cheating then fine!"
"I'll let that comment slide for now because I know you're feeling overwhelmed right now but I will get you back for that! And great we are going to help each other! Well I best be going goodnight Harry!" Cedric kissed Harry's cheek before he realized what he was doing and rushed away. But as he was walking away he realized what he did. He kissed Harry Potter's cheek. He was so utterly mortified. Harry is only 14 what if he hated him now? Merlin, Cedric felt like a creep! Sure it was only a kiss on a cheek but you don't kiss an acquaintance on the cheek! He went back to his dorm room. And told Derek what happened who only smiled slyly at him and said "I knew you liked someone! Dude you're so smitten it's pathetic!"Cedric needed new friends he really did! Derek's a jerk. As Cedric laid in bed that night all he could do was think about Harry? Would he survive the tournament? Cedric was so far gone!