one.

"Expelled."

The first time it happened, Jisung was in middle school. The school said he was a public menace. They told him that he was a bad example to the other students and his body was "disturbing" and could scare people away from attending the school.

"Expelled."

The second time, Jisung was in his first year of high school. They told him he was horrifying both the staff and the students and needed to be put in a safe mental facility where he could learn to be normal again.

"Expelled."

The third time, Jisung didn't even ask for the reason. He didn't want to know.

He had tried so hard. After his second expulsion, he had learned to wear long sleeves every day, no matter how hot it was - and this led to multiple cases of heat stroke. He learned to stop trusting people, because all that did was land him right back in the counselor's office every time, where they would tell him he was "dangerous" to himself and to everyone around him.

Jisung sighed. He had to try harder.

He had to be normal.

Especially this year - this year was so important to him. He was finally a junior, an upperclassman. He couldn't be expelled this year. He refused to have to go to another new school his senior year, so he couldn't mess anything up.

Jisung stood in front of the doors of his new school, taking deep breaths.

He could do this.

Sleeves down.

He glanced down at his fluffy blue sweater that had long enough sleeves to give him sweater paws. He rubbed his foot against the ground, desperately hoping he could do this.

No, he could.

He HAD to do this.

Taking one more deep breath, he positioned his bag on his shoulder and took a step forward, and then another, and then another.

And then he was inside.

The commotion of high school was something that would never change. No matter what school Jisung attended, it was always the same bustling busyness, the same loud hum of students talking and laughing and gossiping. Slightly overwhelming while being relievingly familiar at the same time.

And thus, it began.

First period was starting in a few minutes, so Jisung pulled his schedule out of his pocket and headed straight to where he figured the class would be located. He never liked getting to school early - that meant more social interaction, which Jisung preferred to avoid when possible.

He had math first - calculus, to be exact. Math had always come easy to Jisung, so he wasn't worried. He just had to get through the class without making a fool of himself or letting his sleeves roll up.

Jisung looked down at his paper schedule then back up at the doors in the hallway, trying to find his classroom. He furrowed his brow. This seemed to be the math hallway, but where was Mr. Choi's class? It wasn't here.

"Excuse me?"

Jisung looked up suddenly, shocked to realize that someone was speaking to him.

"Um, y-yeah?" he responded quietly to the tall, attractive guy standing in front of him.

The boy blushed. "Sorry to bother you, but I'm new here, and I was just wondering if you knew where Mrs. Lee's class is."

Jisung stared up at the boy talking to him. He was pretty tall, with dark hair that came down to his shoulders and a surprisingly good sense of style. He had big eyes that crinkled when he smiled, and overall looked like a decent person, although Jisung had learned to take first impressions with a grain of salt.