six.

It had been two weeks since the bathroom incident, and Jisung had spent that time doing a few things. 

#1: Hanging out with his new friends. 

Hyunjin and Jisung had originally planned to just chill with Changbin's group for a few days, but that had quickly turned into every day and Jisung was honestly living his best life. He was so fucking happy hanging out with the weirdest people to ever exist- no literally, they were so fucking strange. He loved it. 

#2: Hanging out with Hyunjin. A lot. 

Jisung had already slept over at Hyunjin's house twice since they met. Hyunjin's parents loved Jisung and Hyunjin swore he loved the boy even more. 

#3. Homework. 

A lot of fucking homework. 

And #4, the most important one of all: Avoiding Lee Minho at all costs. 

Jisung didn't sit by him in math anymore. The seat next to Minho had stayed open and unoccupied ever since, and of course that made Jisung feel bad, but Minho honestly didn't seem to mind. He was giving Jisung the space that he needed, and Jisung was thankful for that. 

Of course, they were still partners in P.E, but they didn't speak unless they had to. When they passed each other in the bathrooms, Minho would smile and Jisung would nod, and that was it. 

A part of Jisung wanted to talk to Minho, it really did, but the rest of him wanted to stay away from the boy and never speak to him again. Jisung just couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't safe anymore because someone knew. 

And yet- and yet, Minho made him feel the opposite of that. He made him feel safe. And that in itself was so contradictory and confusing, it ultimately led to Jisung full-on avoiding the boy so he could have time to think and process and emotionally freak out every two hours. 

He knew he was being hypocritical because he was literally the one who wanted to get close to Minho in the first place, but he just wasn't expecting the instinct reaction he would have to someone finding out- closing himself off, overthinking everything, assuming the worst. 

"Now, if you take the derivative of the derivative, or y double prime, you can find the concavity of the function, which will help you graph your relative max's and relative mins with more accuracy- but remember, you need to find your inflection points and your extrema first. It helps to make a y prime number line and, for concavity, a y double prime number line." 

Jisung doodled on his already-finished math worksheet as the teacher explained how to do the problems. He had taken a pre-calc class at his old school, so he already knew how to work with derivatives. 

He was currently seated in the back of the classroom, sitting criss-cross-applesauce in his chair. He wasn't sitting by anyone, but that was okay- he didn't mind. He had previously slipped his shoes off, which were now underneath his desk, and his socked feet were dancing around as he hummed a random song in his head. 

Every once in a while, Jisung would steal a glance at Minho, who was sitting a few desks up and to the left of him, not sitting next to anyone- but Minho didn't seem to mind, either. Occasionally, their eyes would meet as they were caught looking at each other at the same time, and whenever that happened Minho would smile a little and then turn away while Jisung got too flustered and embarrassed to react. 

"You can get started on the assignment now," the teacher said loudly. "Once you're done, just bring it up to my desk. I'll be preparing tomorrow's lesson while you work." 

As soon as she said that, Jisung immediately stood up, quickly slipped his shoes back on, and walked to the front of the room, handing her his paper with a sheepish smile. She chuckled, rolling her eyes as she took it.