four.

"Which locker?" Minho asked quietly as Jisung stopped next to him at the opening of the locker room, looking at all the rowdy boys inside. 

"801," Jisung muttered. "Listen, about what Hyunjin said-" 

Minho walked over to the locker, not pausing to let Jisung talk. 

Jisung frowned but followed him. 

"Listen, if you'd just let me explain-" 

"I don't want your explanation," Minho cut in, his voice sounding as if it was trying hard to be sharp but just ended up sounding sad. "Okay? I really would rather you just leave me alone. It... It hurts too bad." He said the last sentence under his breath, but Jisung still heard it. 

Jisung wanted to scream. He had really thought that he could be a normal kid this year, and maybe he could, but he had known Minho for only a few hours and the boy was already running around in his head nonstop. Jisung felt almost an obligation to be there for the boy, but it was an obligation that he wanted nothing more than to fulfill. 

"What's the combo?" Minho asked, startling Jisung out of his thoughts. 

"Uh, 1025." 

Minho hummed. "That's my birthday," he murmured. 

Jisung looked up at Minho. "Hm?" 

Minho looked over at Jisung, their eyes meeting for a second, before he quickly turned and faced the locker again. "Nothing," he replied hardly. 

Jisung blushed a little. "Oh. O-Okay." He could tell that Minho was done with him, so he sighed and turned away from the boy, heading back out of the locker room. 

Hyunjin was waiting next to the locker room door, leaning against the wall with a troubled look on his face, his brows furrowed and his fingers tapping anxiously on his leg. When he saw Jisung, he stood up straighter and smiled. 

"Hi," he said, sounding relieved. "I thought you were mad at me for some reason." 

Jisung stopped in front of him, sighing slightly. "No, it's all good," he said quietly, rubbing his hand up and down his arm and not quite making eye contact with Hyunjin. 

Hyunjin bounced up and down a little, his smile growing. "That's great. I just, I think you're super cool and I was worried that I somehow said something to make you mad at me, and I was really sad because, you know, I wanna be good friends with you and making you feel uncomfy or anything would hurt me. Because I want you to be happy! Hehe." 

Jisung nodded, not replying. 

"Hwang Hyunjin!" the coach called, approaching the two boys. 

Hyunjin stood up taller immediately. "Yes, sir!" he called back. 

The coach rolled his eyes. "Go in and tell the rest of the boys that it's time to come out. We're still doing a little something before I let you guys have some free time to change and socialize." 

Hyunjin nodded. "Yes, sir!" he repeated, saluting before turning to the locker room. 

Suddenly, the door opened before he could open it himself, and Minho stood there, jumping a little to find Hyunjin right there. 

Hyunjin blushed a little and stepped past him, going into the locker room. 

Jisung watched as Minho went over to the corner of the gym and slouched down so he was sitting with his back against the gym wall, pulling out his phone. 

After a few minutes, all the students were back in the gym. The coach pulled out a whistle and blew it. 

"Listen up! I'm going to introduce to you guys the warm-up exercises that we'll be doing every day before our other activities. We're going to be doing this in pairs and yes, I'm going to be that bitchy teacher that doesn't let you choose your partners. You better hope you like who you're sharing your locker with because you're gonna be sharing your morning exercises with them, too, every day. Everyone find your locker partner and pair up!" he yelled.