Listen or Die 8 *•*

"¥√£....?"

"¥/ñ..?"

"Y/n!"

Your eyes shot open as you felt something shake your shoulders. It was Zenitsu who had knelt down by your side. His eyes held back tears.

"Oh, good, You're awake!" He leaned in to give you a hug, his warm hand wrapped around your head carefully.

Glad because he hugged you, you were about to hug him back. But once again a Demon pounced at Zenitsu and you had to roll out of the way.

A demon attacked again. You quickly supported your entire body weight on your hands, before suspending yourself towards the demon and kicked it away.

Zenitsu watched as the girl fought that demon in the forest valley.

You both had a regular routine after all those escapes each night. You would send the demon flying and then the both of you would make a run for it.

Luckily it's been working these past few days.

He noticed some kind of light coming from that hill far behind you. That's weird. Is someone there?

Eyes widening in realization, he got up on his feet and sprinted towards you and the other demon.

You blocked one of the attacks from that demon and jumped back a little. Low stamina caused you to breathe unevenly as you wiped off the dirt on your cheek. You furrowed your eyebrows.

Suddenly the blond haired boy pushed you out of the battle field and dragged you towards the foot of the hill.

"The hell?!"

The Demon out of nowhere came and kicked you in the head. Sent flying into a tree, you felt so dizzy you couldn't even think.

Now how many times has that happened now?

"I see the birds flying around my head.." you mumbled with somewhat gratitude.

"Y/n!!" Zenitsu cried, but his attention switched to the punch coming from the demon towards him. He blocked it and quickly grabbed the Demon's wrists.

But getting a close up at the demon's face made him scream.

With all his might he threw the Demon far away, enough time for him to get to you and pick you up on your feet, before escaping inside a small cave further up.

As soon as you were inside, the sun peeked over the hill and said hi, the entire forest soon was colored yellow.

Screams could be heard right outside the cave, making you come back to your senses.
"Who's screaming...?!" You cried.

"Shhh, you're safe." Zenitsu said.

You took a look around and looked out the cave's entrance.

"I'm not safe."

"Heh?" Zenitsu tilted his head.

"Is this cave standing at the foot of a hill?"

"..yes?"

"Is the entrance facing East?"

Zenitsu got up on his feet and went outside the cave. He didn't have to walk that far to spot an anthill up against a tree, before he looked in a few directions and at the sun, "yeah..? The cave is facing East.."

"What's the matter-?"
He turned back around to face you as you stood in there. When the sun sets in east the sun will light up the cave you're trapped in.

"....Are you g- gonna die...?" He asked, fear made him stutter.

You clapped your hands together and started praying. "Yeah... Guess I'll die."

"Wait, are your serious?" He asked.

"You said it yourself.. this is the cave facing East. That's where the sun will set and this cave is hard as rock and not so deep... I got nowhere to go or nowhere to hide."
You explained,
"Kimonomaker2.0 waRnED ME. And now I leave her as well as leaving this world early..!!"

Zenitsu's eyes widen, "No, Don't say that! I'll go see if I can do something! Wait here!!"

As he sprinted off into the bright woods, you stood there in the dark cave squinting.
"Wait here..?" You asked.

Spending your time near the cave walls, you searched for any way to check if there were any holes you could escape through. But there were none.

You even tried to phaze into the wall. It only ended up with a big bump on your forehead though.

There really was no escape from the sunset in this cave.
Just like she said...

FlashBack 。*゚+

"Y/n." Kimonomaker2.0 said, "see that cave over there?"

She turned around to look at her friend.
Instead of paying Attention, Y/n sat on the ground with her back turned against her, making a dollhouse with rocks, twigs and leaves.

She was done with the kitchen and the living room. Now it was time to make the bedroom.

"Yeah... I see it," she said carelessly. "What about?"

"Many demons have died in there because they didn't know which way it was facing."

"Naruhodo, naruhodo..."

"It's because it's up on that side of the mountain, where the sun hits when it's sunset. And the cave's above the tree line too."

"Uh huh.."

"If you walk in there, you'll only die before the night comes."

"Gotcha'."

A tic mark appeared on the other demon's forehead. But she continued anyways.

"You know what, it's not my fault if you'll die because you didn't pay attention to your best friend."

"What friend?" Y/n snapped out of it when she realized what she said. She called you best friend. When was the last time you've heard of a friend? But you pretended like you didn't speak incorrectly and that you didn't messed up a sentence.

The girl in the ragged kimono sighed while she glared at the other girl.

"Sometimes I don't get you at all, but if you don't wanna listen then tell me next time."

And with that she jumped above the trees and ran away.

End of Flashback

"I'm sorry," you mumbled as you thought back. "I know I'm always mean to you.

But if I get too close...."