13 Reasons to disappear

I'm getting flashbacks of Sister location today for some reason..

Unlike the dry days of Final Selection, it started raining cats and dogs the next evening. More bruises and wounds were gained, due to clothes being more heavy when drenched in water, resulting in making it harder to move or dodge.

Like for example Tanjiro trying not to get killed by a demon.

He was being chased by a demon, the puddles in the dirt made splashing sounds as he ran towards a leaf-less, thick bush. Closing in, he slid under the branches and to the other side.

The demon didn't copy his movements and stopped, trying to break through with force. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't break through them that easily. It gave Tanjiro time to let his guard down and ask his nightly routine question.

"There's something I want to ask you!" He lowered his sword to his side, "How do I turn someone who has become a demon, back to a human?"

Giving no signs of being able to talk, except for it's angry growling noises, the demon finally bursted through the branches and pounced at Tanjiro. The boy slid his foot out in a stance before he sliced off the demon's neck who came towards him.

But instead of feeling victory, his thoughts were only blended with despair since there were no demons willing to talk. Well, not completely hopeless. There was one who could answer his question.

She was... Docile and...

Suddenly something clicked in Tanjiro's brain. She's the same one who showed up when he was training with Sabito, wasn't she?

'How did she walk backwards so smoothly?' he thought. He couldn't let that question last long in his head however, considering there were more demons who picked up on the boy's presence. He had no other choice but to once again raise his sword.

Somewhere else beside a river, a boarheaded boy slammed a fish against a rock causing it to die. The fish started to squirm around. He let the fish jounce in the grass as he got up from from the ground,
the grip on his sword got tighter. His eyes focused forward on nothing, as he swinged his sword to the side. The demon was beheaded, sound of flesh could be heard and the it withered away like ash.

"NGUFF?!!" He let out, thinking, 'Did anyone see that?! His head jerked in all kinds of directions to see if anybody was nearby. No one was there, not even a demon was present. Inosuke didn't care however and celebrated on his own. He was used to being alone.

While further down in the forest Zenitsu listened to the sounds of demons. He heard that they've become more desperate hunting for humans, because there weren't many days left until final selection was over. This was the only time humans entered this place, so they were ready to have a feast while it lasted.

It was easier to keep track of all the demon's now. 'Did the others manage to get rid of the most of them?' Zenitsu thought. He could hear that there were less monsters in the woods, only the the greater demons were still alive. There were bigger questions at hand though. Still a little shaky in his sandals, the biggest question of all was:

'Why can't I hear the sound of Y/n anymore?'

Y/n's Pov -

15 minutes before the rain...

I walked around after testing out my new ability, controlling roots. I could also controll branches, but they were too stiff.
I could only swing them back and forth.
I tried doing it once more with the tree infront of me, and the branches wiggled like it was dancing.