Too Young To Know ~Sequel~ Ch.2

I felt a cold hand grab mines. It was impossible for me to respond. Even though I couldn't look around I imagined the room. You know? How they have in the movies? A hospital bed with white linen sheets. A large window to the side. Not to forget, the many machines and wires hooked up around my body.

"Kayla?" 

My mom's voice.

"Babygirl? Can you hear me?"

There were mutters around the room. I couldn't tell who they were. I could only sense they were standing near the door. Suddenly her hand ran over the IV needle implanted in my skin.

"It's mommy honey. I'm not sure you can hear me," Her voiced cracked, "Your so strong. I should've known you'd make it through this. The doctor said the baby was alright. You will be too. It wasn't too long ago they wheeled you from surgery and put you in your own room. Maybe Roc will be able to come in here too. We can only hope..."

I couldn't think of anything I would say if I could speak.

"I think your dad is ready for his turn to talk now." She laughed.

I could tell it was a fake one. There was shuffling beside my bed. When it slowly stopped I heard the bass in my dad's voice clearly.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry! I could never take this back. But if I could, I would do it in a second. Then you wouldn't have that bullet wound in your side..." He sobbed.

"Don't blame yourself." Is all I thought.

"My grandaughter would be guareenteed a father when she got here...If I had only kept you 2 safe."

If I wasn't dead before I might as well be now. 

"That's enough!" My mom yelled.

"She needed to hear it now. She wouldn't be able to cry." He replied.

Without Roc, I couldn't make it period. Now? Later? This child was coming no matter what. I couldn't stay composed  looking  in her eyes and see him looking back. Not when he's gone. He better make it through this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>SHARE THIS STORY<

A/N: ._. Roc is still alive. Don't panic..yet.