Too Young To Know ~Sequel~ Ch.3

Days and weeks had passed by. Still in the hospital, I layed awake in bed all day. Everyday was the same routine. I would've expected now that I could interact with others now, the hospital would give me a remote to my tv or let me use the phone. All I could do was read the bible beside my bed or stare at the wall. There was a knock at my door. Finally! Someone came to talk to me.

"Hey Kayla. Up as usual I see." My nurse laughed.

She was one of the two nurses that came into my room daily. Unlike the other woman, I actually liked her. Her name was Tiffany. She had to have been at least 50. She had the look of Tina Knowles and the attiude of Betty White. A strange combination but thats what made her Ms.Tiffany. 

"I don't know why your laughing. You should've been here an hour ago!"

"I tried my best! I was running late coming here girl." She rolled her eyes.

"I hope you had time to go check on Roc." 

"I haven't heard news on him yet. They have this new policy for ICU nurses to stay in their assigned facilities. When I say it's dumb as hell,.."

"Since when??!" I yelled.

"Don't know. Heard it going through the cafeteria." 

She began unhooking machines and pushing them towards the door.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"You only have a couple weeks left in here. No need to have all these plugged in anymore." She sighed.

"Your kidding! Yes!!!" I yelled.

She walked out returning without the machines. She sat beside my bed and looked at me. I could tell this was gonna be one of those dramatic talks. 

"Why you looking like that?!" She bursted out in laughter.

"Stop acting like my mom. Give more speeches than the Obamas...got dang." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry. I just had something on my mind.."

"What?" I asked.

"Well...I know it's not everyday you get shot at. What are you gonna do when you go back home Kayla? Do you even know if the police has done anything?"

"Maybe but-"

Before I could start, my other nurse came in. Here came the drama..

"I got things Carol. Thanks." Tiffany hissed.

"Look. I don't have time for it today. I'm here just to get my paycheck. Just give me the tubing behind the bed please."

"I'll get it Ms.Carol." I replied.

The faster she left the better. Everyday she bitched. Ms.Tiff wasn't the only one who needed a break. As she reached behind my bed after ignoring me I could see an ID bracelet slip outside her scrub pocket. Before I could get a good look at it Ms.Tiffany grabbed it. 

"Hm? Taking ID's?"

"Oh, whatever. August from upstairs had to remove it because it was bothering him. Keep trying to make me lose my job and I swear-" She barked.

"August? Chresanto?"

"Yeah your boyfriend." She cut her eyes at me before taking the I.D. back. 

"How's he doing?" I asked.

"Can't say. Patient confidentiality. Sorry." After she left.

"WTF?" I snapped.

"When I get 300ft from this building, I'm whooping her ass. These young nurses think they run things around here. Give me a day and I'll have everything you need to know about him. I'm late checking on my other patients." She gasped heading to the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be alot better v.v I just needed to get the ball rolling.