Living In The Past

It was a nice morning ohh no no It was a way too early in the morning. Charlotte had been very grumpy ever since she woke up. She had to go out of bed earlier than usual because of her ex brother. Yes ex because she already decided to sign him up for adoption. 

"I should really buy you the Big Ben, Charles." she said sleepily as she brushed her hand through her messy bed hairs. 

"Good morning to you too, princess. Are you still sleeping?" Charles replied, tying his sport shoes neatly. "Of course, what else a normal human being will do at five in the morning?" she sarcasticly replied. 

"I don't know, Lottie. Maybe being productive?"

"Productive...yeah whatever"

"Come on now, get up and let's go jogging together." 

Charlotte groaned, she was wayyyyyyy to tired for any exercise right now. After the suppose-to-be prom stage destroyed, her workload have increased so greatly. Jogging? not in another few weeks.

"Ohh and if you think you can refuse, you are so wrong, little princess." Charles demanded. He can imagined how funny Charlotte's face look right now. 

"What if i say i don't give a fish about what you want?" she replied stubbornly. "It's not like a I have any dark secret to keep."

Charles on the other hand smiled alone innocently. "I will tell mom you sneakily went to Starbuck five time in a day last week"

"Wrong person, mom actually don't care"

"i will tell Gion then."

"..."

"..."

" FINE!!!!!" Charlotte finally gave up. For some reasons, Gion didn't like her get Starbuck because he said she will die. Like, who die from a cup of Starbuck. Even though she take more than a cup.....

"Great! See you at the park in 15 minutes" and with that, he hung up.

Charlotte lazily went to her bathroom and took a nice bath. After a nice cup of tea, she went out from her hotel room, leaving the other princesses in their own dream world. How I wish I can join them

The walk to the park was great. It so peaceful with few people around. Of course there are no people it's literally 5.00 a.m in a Sunday morning. she mentally sighed. She looked around for Charles and spotted him leaning under a tree. If only I can hang you on the tree. She made her way to her brother and gently tapped his shoulder. 

"ohh there you are-" 

"Why are you insist on meeting me?" Charlotte directly asked her brother as she started to jog. "H-hey wait you need to warm up first" Charles chase after his sister which wasn't that hard since Charlotte isn't a good runner. 

" You haven't answered my question yet, brother." Charles dramatically put his hand on his heart and gasped. "Is it too much to asked my only sister to spare me some times?" Charlotte on the other hand rolled her eyes fondly. She love his brother being drama queen even though it sometimes annoy her. 

"Yah yah spill it already. What you want to know?" she slowly stopped running and sat on the bench nearby. Charles followed her. "Well, how are you?" 

"A lot of things happened but I'm fine.." She paused and turned to her companion, " you want to hear more about it?" Charles nodded. Charlotte took a deep breath before she start ranting about her life.

time skipped cause I'm lazy

"...and that how Bianca managed to trick Gina so she got Albert phone number" Charlotte ended her story with small giggles.

"To think Bianca fancy Albert that much." Charles also laughing hard that the park was filled with his laughter. Thankfully they was no one there yet.

"It's not that weird. Man with accent are attractive" she shrugged. Bianca feeling for Albert wasn't that obvious. Only people who smart enough can see it. Considering how she always hide it behind the HE-IS-MY-ENEMY and I-AM-HIS-NUMBER-ONE-HATER faces.

"Enough of her. How about Gion?" Charles so suddenly asked cause Charlotte to stopped laughing immediately.

"I thought you know about him. I mean you guys meet everyday." 

"Physically, yes. Emotionally, no. We aren't that close" Charles replied with a sincere smile while Charlotte kept her mouth close. She closed her eyes for a moment before opened it back and started speaking.

"Nothing much. He is the same as usual, I am the same too. Ever since he enrolled here, he become more secretive toward me. Like he never told me about his plans anymore and he strictly not allowed me to meet Junta for no reasons. I don't know why and I don't think he will told me even if I ask. But overall, I'm happy" Charlotte sadly smiled.

Charlotte stared at the morning sky. The sky was filled with a lot of pure white cotton candy. It was a sight to see but Charlotte mind drifting to the certain Italian. Lately, she had a weird feeling everytimes she think about Gion. A feeling of confusion, sadness and longing. She tried to act like it was nothing and be happy  but she knew better just how annoying the feeling was.

"I have a question" Charles turned to her sister, asking for permission to continue which she granted. " Why are you still insisted on staying with him. He treat you coldly and controlled your life. Are you that in love with him?"

And with that Charlotte started laughing, gaining the attention of the other students who have finally decided to wake up.

"I don't know, Charles? I was four when I met him. Can it even count as love? His smile was so sweet and innocent back then. He was so honest and care for me. Even though he had changed a lot now, i believe that my Gion still exist somewhere in him. That why  10 years ago I made a promise to myself that no matter what methods I use, I will bring back the Gion i once knew.  Maybe after he achieve his dream, he will return to his original self."

"You are living in the past, Lottie." Charles muttered. He didn't want his sister to stay in the dream that never going to happened. He didn't want her to hurt herself. Her hope for the Italian was to high. He carefully rubbing her back to comfort her.

"I know" she simply replied. "But hey, that's what human love to do." Charlotte have enough of this conversation. She just want a cup of tea to calm herself. 

" Until when are you going to play along with this game?" 

"That depends on him. After all, I'm his pawn"

--------------

Heyyyy it have been a long time since I updated. I have been extremely busy with my school. So this chapter is basically about Charlotte and Charles conversation which kinda boring and dark cause why not?