24. The sweetest guy in the world

The waiter brought us the coffees and cakes, after what my mom leaned both of her elbows on the table and laced her fingers together. Her big blue eyes danced between me and Niko and I was crossing my fingers that she would behave.

"So..." she started smiling.

"What?" I asked blushing as I felt Niko wrapping his left hand around me.

"This is the young man who caused your sleepless nights?" my mom asked and I wanted to run away. Jesus Christ she is not going to behave. I tried to somehow tell her with my eyes to act normal but she smoothly ignored my gaze and focused on Niko.

"The what now?" Niko laughed and looked at me with cute smile while I hid my face with my hands.

"Oh my, mom, seriously...?" I mumbled against my hand. That was the reason why I wasn't really eager to show my mom around. She did not have a filter on all the time. Niko was still looking at me and I shyly looked at him and I was just about to say something before my mom opened her mouth again.

"She told me that she was having troubles sleeping so I saw that the only reason for that would be that she is in love, and now I can see that I was right"

"Mom!" I laughed and Niko was just looking at us amused, not really being bothered about the situation at all. That chat with my mom happened like ages ago and Niko knew that I went to see her the night after the restaurant so now he knew that I had been pretty muc hin love with him all the time. Thank you mom.

"Okay, I stop teasing. Anyway... I am happy to see that my daughter has found such a nice man into her life. How did you met? You neve rtold me that" mom asked and sipped her coffee meanwhile I was just about to choke into mine. I had to wing up something and fast because if she gets to know that this situation here happened only because I was a little bit tipsy one night, she'd kill me. I looked at Niko, like trying to tell him to quickly think something.

"We actually met..." I started but I really had no idea what to say.

"At her birthday party. Her friend's boyfriend is a friend of mine..." Niko continued and smiled. Well that's true. She found him from the party too, tho.

"So he just came along with them and..." I said and looked back to Niko and took my mug from the table.

"And we kinda clicked right away" the man said and sipped his coffee and looked back at me.

"Yeah, then we went to brunch and.." I placed my mug on my lips to continue drinking it.
"Fell in love" Niko said with lovely smile while looking at me. I just fell in love with him again. Fuck that smile got me weak every time.

"Yeah...." I smiled with hearts in my eyes.

"You kids are so sweet... " I then heard my mom saying, waking me back to the current moment. I blinked my eyes few times and turned my eyes to her. I had no idea did she buy the story but even if she didn't she seemed to be pleased with it.

"I heard you are in a band? Blind.. something, and it sounded dangerous" mom asked Niko and I was having serious problems holding my nervous laugh back that was mixed with the embarrassment.

"Blind Channel, and yeah we play violent pop, guess that can be kind of dangerous some time" Niko chuckled as he saw how red I was. I was slowly sliding under the table but Niko took my hand and pulled me closer to him.

"How dangerous?" mom asked and I did not quite read was she worried or amused.

"Well.. We tend to bump into each others sometimes.. And our guitarist burnt a bit his hair after getting too close to the pyros"Niko said and gently caressed my side.