Chapter 4

The pic on the side is of the Tattoo guy, AKA Jace.

I ripped up all the flooring yesterday, including the hideous carpet. Emily and Andrew are staying at a friends house.

I got a job hired as an Interior Designer yesterday with a company, so I have a team now, but they're not with me.

I'm driving to home depot with my list of things I need for the house.

My car starts to spew out white smoke.

Panicked, I pull into the nearest mechanic.

Two guys are talking to some guy working under a car.

"Man, how's it going?"

"It's going." The guy grumbles.

I get out. I'm wearing blue skinny jeans that compliment my ass and a white loose tank top that shows enough cleavage to get a guy hard.

"Looks like you got another project." One of them says. I can only see the back of them. One of them has brown shaggy hair and the other is a tall buff blonde.

The guy rolls out from under the Jeep Wrangler he's working on. He's got oil on his hands.

He has a sleeve tattoo, and he's only wearing a pair of jeans.

He has an angry black eye on the right side of his face.

His eye lock with mine.

"Oh fuck no."

I pull out my phone. He smirks and sits up.

Both guys turn around

Andrew is one of them, and the other one is one of my ex best friends.

Ian. Marcus was the abusive one, but Ian was my best friend for years and then he got a girlfriend and turned into an asshole.

"Rylee?" Ian and Andrew say in sync.

The guy stands up.

"I'm calling a towing company." I grumble, pulling out my phone.

"Why? I can fix your car." The asshole guy from the bar says.

"Dude, what happened to your face?" Ian asks the guy.

"This guy was looking at a girl so I beat him up."

I snort.

"Lies." I say. "I punched him in the face because he got me fired. I'm really leaving. I'm not going to let you get me fired again."

"How could I get you fired? You're not a work."

"She's the design chick I was telling you about." Andrew says.

I sigh loudly and cross my arms.

"I'm fixing your car." Tattoo guy says. I lift my sunglasses off of eyes.

"I would rather ride around in this smoking car and let it explode with me inside of it than let you fix it."

"Please?" he asks.

"No." I cross my arms.

"If I'm correct, you told your employers you would have their house down in a month. You can't exactly do that without a car, now can you, princess?"

I rest my head on the hood for a few seconds.

"Fine." I say.

He grins.

"But you better not make it worse. I've been through a lot of shit lately and I really don't have time for your bullshit."

He sighs.