Chapter 14

The pic on the side is of Jace's tattoo.

"Is my tattoo gross?" Jace asks as we drive to Maine.

"No." I kiss his bicep. Kaden is sleeping in the back seat.

"I'll get it removed." He says.

"I don't want you to get it removed. I love it baby."

He smiles suddenly.

"I can't wait for you to see where I grew up. It's such a nice little town!" he grins.

"Same house?" I ask.

"Yeah." he says.

****

I must fall asleep, because Jace is tapping my knee.

I open my eyes.

"We're here." He whispers.

I open my eyes.

The house is right on a cliff, and the ground is covered in snow.

Down the hill, almost the whole neighborhood is having a snowball fight.

"It's beautiful." I whisper.

He grins and gets out of the car, getting Kaden from his carseat.

He pulls me with him to the porch.

"What if they don't like me?" I whisper.

"All you have to worry about if my Dad. Everyone likes who he likes. Plus, you saved his daughter. Why wouldn't he like you?"

"But I seem like a whore. I have a kid with a different guy."

"That wasn't your choice. Addison...she already blabbed." He bites his lip.

"Can we just go home?" I blurt.

"No." he pecks my lips. "My family is very fun. Trust me, they're going to love you."

I open my mouth to protest, but he walks in the house, grabbing my hand, he pulls me in with him.

Everyone looks up.

It takes all my willpower not to burst out laughing.

They put plastic on the floor, duct taped two twister boards together, and put paint on the appropriate colors.

Everyone is covered in paint, tied in knots.

"Jace, my son!" a man with short blondish brown hair and blue-gray eyes jumps out of the knot of people.

He pauses.

"Wait..." he eyes me. "This isn't..." he trails off. "Is this the famous Rylee?"

"Yes."

"Oh, wow, you're even prettier in person!" he hugs me, covering me in yellow, blue, green, and red paint. "Oh, is this your little baby?" he takes Kaden from his arms, covering him in paint. "Don't worry, I'll wash the paint off." He says.

"Uh, Dad..." Jace hesitates. "Rylee and I eloped..."

Everyone gasps.

"And she's pregnant." He pauses. "And you're holding your grandchild."

Mr. Rivera raises his eyebrows.

I look at the floor, nervous.

"Well that's wonderful!" he says. "I'm so happy for you guys!" he hugs both of us. He pauses. "Jace, just so you know, and I don't want you to freak out, but your-"

He cuts off when an evil voice hisses, "You!"

Everyone looks by the staircase.

My eyes rest on Jace's Mom.