The box

Y/NS pov

Thea carried the box down the stairs and placed it on the table. I smiled pressing my necklace on the lock and it opened. "What are they" jaskier asked and I smiled.

I picked up one of the swords it set on fire "how can it do that" Geralt asked and I placed it back in the box.

"When I was made they made three swords that only responds me" I said and he sighed.

"I wish they did that for me" Geralt said and I chuckled closing the box and sitting back down next to Thea.

"They do come in handy but there also really dangerous for people who try and use them" I said and then there was a knock at the door.

"Y/n it's the commander" thea said and I shot up and looked at Thea.

"Go out the back door I will handle this Geralt hide the box if they find these I'm in big trouble" I said and he nodded.

I walked over to the door and opened it. "Y/n what are you doing here, I thought you would be in the tavern" he said.

"This was my old house before I left to be a Witcher so I thought I would come and visit" I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"Really I thought you didn't know where you came from" he said and I laughed learning on the door frame.

"I lived here as a kid when I was on my own" I said and he sighed looking me up and down.

"Right anyway, you need to leave now" he said and raised my eyebrow.

"Really your kicking me out the village why" I asked and he got closer to me.

"Because I don't trust you" he whispered and I punched him.

"Don't you dare tell me what I can and can't do" I said slamming the door and saw Geralt. "Where the box" I asked and he sighed.

"Y/n what's wrong" he asked and I sighed.

"I need to end this now" I said and saw the box I walked over and grabbed a sword. It set on fire and walked out the house to see the commander on his horse.

"Y/n what is that" he asked and I growled.

"That doesn't matter, don't you ever tell me to leave again. I'm giving you and your army the chance to leave this village now or you will all die" I asked and he jumped down from his horse.

"Don't do something you will regret Witcher" he said and I scoffed. He looked at the sword then back at me. "Fine I will take my men and go but if you do this the king is going to want your head" he said and I smirked walking over to him.

"He already does" I said walking away, he got back on his horse and talked to a few of his men before leaving.

"Y/n you did it" jasmine said running over and I smiled.

"Of course I did, now tell the everyone that they are safe from him" I said and she nodded running away.

I walked back inside of thea house to see them all standing there. "Thank you y/n" thea said throwing me a bag of coins.

"Don't worry about it your my friend, now I need a drink" I said grabbing my bag and going to the tavern.

"Y/n the usual" Mya asked and I smiled sitting down at a table.

"Always" I shouted and Geralt, jaskier and Thea sat down.

"So what now" jaskier asked and I sighed and pulled out a map.

"I have heard about some kind of demon to be living in this forest here it's attacking this village here and here we need to find it and kill it and we should get coin from both villages" I said and Geralt nodded.

"That a three day ride form here to there though what about if we go there" jaskier said and I sighed.

"That leads straight to the city where I'm most wanted we stay in the smaller villages where I can do my job without getting killed" I said and jaskier sighed.

"Why does the king hate you so much" Geralt asked and I sighed putting the map back in my bag.

"That's a story for another day but for now let us celebrate" I said and Mya brought over some drinks.

"So when are you leaving" Thea asked and I sighed.

"Tomorrow it gives us enough time to let things settle down" I said and thea sighed.

"You know I hoped that one day when you decide not to do this anymore you would come and live here with me" thea said and I smiled.

"Thea you know I can't do that I'm a Witcher I travel, I slay, I drink and around the cycle goes" I said and she sighed.

"I know" she said then smiled "but I wouldn't want anything to change I always look forward to when I get to see you again" she said and I smiled.

"And I will be back sooner then you know" I said finishing my drink.