The long road ahead

Y/NS pov

I was sat on my horse waiting to jaskier "is he nearly done" I sighed then he walked over and got back on his horse. "Oh finally" I said

"What was you doing" Geralt asked and I chuckled. We continued riding down the forest.

"Who wants to hear a song" jaskier asked and I groaned.

"Please don't" I said and he smiled and started to sing.

"Upon one summer's morning, I carefully did stray
Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay
Conversing with a bouncing lass, who seemed to be in pain
Saying William, when you go, I fear you will never return again
My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold
His hair it hangs in ringlets, his eyes as black as coal
My happiness attend him wherever he may go
From Tower Hill to Blackwall, I'll wander, weep and moan
All for my jolly sailor, until he sails home
My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold
My name it is Maria, a merchant's daughter fair
And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year
Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be
Who love a jolly sailor that ploughs the raging sea
While up aloft in storm, from me his absence mourn
And firmly pray, arrive the day, he's never more to roam
My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold
My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold" he and I sighed.

"Ok so you like pirates" I said and Geralt laughed.

"No it's a song that sirens sing to sailors" jaskier said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Since when did you meet a siren" I asked and he sighed putting his loot back.

"I haven't I heard the tale in a Traven, apparently no one survived" he said and I chuckled.

"If no one survived then how did you hear the tale" I said and he went quiet.

"You and your stories" Geralt said and I chuckled. I saw an open space with some trees nearby.

"Let's camp there for the night we should be safe from whatever are in these woods" I said hopping down from my horse and walking over there.

"Are you sure it's still two days away" Geralt asked and I sighed.

"We have no choice this forest is dangerous at night this is the safest place" I said pulling out my sleeping back thing and I looked at jaskier.

"Here is a sword now go get some fire wood while me and Geralt scout the area" I said and he sighed taking the sword and walking away.

"Have you hunter here before" Geralt asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I have, I hunter a Arachnes it wasn't fun" I said and he chuckled.

"Let me guess your sacred of spiders" he asked and I laughed.

"How did you know" I asked and he smiled. We continued to walk around when I heard a stick snap.

We both turned around to see no one there. "Keep walking and pretend we didn't hear anything" Geralt said and I nodded.

We both continued walking and I could here that someone was following us. I grabbed my sword waiting until it got a little closer. "One, two, three" I whispered. "Now" I shouted and we pinned whatever it was against a tree.

"Please don't hurt me I'm trying to find some food" they said it was only a young elf. I sighed putting my sword back.

"You can go just don't spy on people it's rude" I said and they nodded then ran away. Geralt looked over at me.

"That was nice of you" he said and I sighed.

"He was innocent, we hunt monsters" I said and he nodded. We continued walking around then we made it back to camp.

"Well that's clear now where's jaskier" Geralt sighed and I sat down .

"Geralt help" jaskier said running toward us we both stood up but nothing was there.

"Jaskier what happened" Geralt asked I watched jaskier turn around then back at Geralt.

"I have seen the royal guard there on there way back to the main city" he said and that caught my attention.

Geralt looked down at me and I shook my head. "No that's impossible, if the army was heading back to the city they would be taking this road here" I said pulling out my map.

"Unless that road is blocked so then they had to come down here to reach that road to go back to the city" Geralt said.

"That maybe a possibility but they might not be even going to the city they could be going to either them four villages" I said

"So what are we going to do" jaskier asked and I sighed.

"We continue as we are and once we finish here we can go to the other villages just to check on them" I said.

"But won't they kill you" jaskier asked and I smirked.

"That's not going to happen" I said laying down. Jaskier put don't the fire wood then Geralt used his magic to light it.

"I have never pissed off a king before this might be fun" jaskier said and I chuckled.

"It's not as fun as you think" I said closing my eyes.