Chapter 31: The Elevator

Hey guys. It's me again. Like I said, an update this weekend.

ABOUT MY NEW BOOK: I'm struggling to come up with a title. I'll give you guys a brief overview and any titles would be greatly appreciated. The main female character, Gracelyn (also known as Grace), is bothered by her brothers best friend, Phoenix. He's like a prankster type and she is quiet, yet sassy. Yes, it's one of those stories, but I'll try to make it as non-cliche as possible. There's more to it but I'll leave that for the actual story. SO HELP ME WITH A TITLE AND YOU'LL GET A DEDICATION AND A FOLLOW.

ALSOOO: One chapter left, an epilogue, and maybe a chapter in Maddox's point of view- it depends on where I am with my new story (and whether or not I have a cover) because I want to leave you guys with another story to switch over to if you please.

Happy reading. Next update- next weekend. 

Chapter 31: The Elevator

“Is she pretty?” Vivica asked me as we sat on my bed. I was all dressed and ready to go; I was only waiting for Maddox to come pick me up. Because it wasn’t much of a party, but a small get together, I decided to go with a casual look- a simple pair of jeans and a sweater, along with some sneakers. I went easy on the makeup, opting for eyeliner and mascara, and I let my cousin braid my hair.

I sighed as I unlocked my phone, going to Raven’s Instagram page. “This is her.”

My cousin stared at her and I could tell she thought the girl was gorgeous. She shrugged. “She’s not that pretty.”

I scoffed. “Don’t lie. She’s pretty. We all know it. She’s gotten asked to model.”

“So? Maddox doesn’t like her, though, right?” my cousin retorted. “He likes you! Not her.”

“Yeah, but he liked her—,” I started but Vivica cut me off.

“What happened to the confident Liv? Where’d she go?” my cousin asked. “Yeah, he dated her. So what? But he likes you now, and he’s made it clear that he likes you. And she knows he likes you.”

“But it’s at her apartment,” I told my cousin as I bit my lip. “The apartment where they spent most of their time as a couple.”

“So?” my cousin replied.

“Every time I’m going to look at a piece of furniture, I’m going to visualize them kissing on or near it,” I responded.

My cousin shook her head. “Here’s an idea: don’t do that.”

The sound of a horn honking sounded throughout the house and my eyes widened. “Vivica!” I hissed.

“A few tips- stay with your friends—,” she started.

“It’s only me and Maddox! Everyone else is busy or they just don’t want to go!” I explained as she grabbed the gift I got for Raven and ushered me down the stairs.

“Well, stay with Maddox,” she responded before opening the door. I stared at her before leaving the house with the gift in my hand. I approached Maddox’s car, trying to calm my nerves. He leaned over and opened the door for me, greeting me happily.

“Hey,” he smiled. “You sure you want to go through with this?”

“Yeah, of course,” I responded. I leaned over and kissed him, enjoying the feeling of his lips against mine for a few seconds before I pulled away and buckled my seatbelt. This caused him to grin, seeing as he’s always the one who initiates our kisses.

“What was that?” he asked me curiously.

“What was what?” I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows as I placed the gift bag in the backseat.