Chapter 1: Snap (Maddox's Perspective)

Okay, so first off, let me announce the winner for the long awaited cover contest. The winner is @escapists. The cover is off to the side and it is amazing! Though I have to admit, it was a very difficult decision! 

Now, for the next thing I need to say, I probably won't be posting A Touch of Grace until tomorrow or Monday BECAUSE I have yet to write a good description and I'm still editing and revising. Plus, when I post it, I want to at least have a prologue and 3 chapters. Just a warning- it might be a little slow at first. I'm trying to recreate chapter 1 so it won't be that slow; and after I recreate chapter 1, I have to make edits to the others so they'll fit. Just be patient with me. It will be up and I will have normal updates for that (until July) but we won't discuss that problem until that time comes.

This is the last and final chapter of this story. I hope you enjoyed it. I know I enjoyed writing it and reading your comments. You guys are amazing and I don't know if I say that enough. Your comments literally make my day, and your feedback means so much to me. I just want you guys to know that I appreciate every single one of you. :)

Because I know some of yall are impatient c: I'm just going to say this now: I have other stories on Wattpad that you may or may not have read. Most of them are edited. I think all of them are except for That's Just the Beginning (because it's way too cringeworthy for me to even open without having some sort of attack). So, if you feel like reading something else while you wait, check out my stories, or look at my reading lists (which I haven't updated in forever), and pick one of those books. 

Chapter 1: Snap (Maddox Perspective)

I rolled over, looking at the time. I still have 20 minutes. With a satisfied sigh, I closed my eyes again, dozing off quickly. What seemed to have been 10 seconds later, I woke up and looked at my phone. My eyes widened when I saw that I was supposed to wake up an entire hour ago. I immediately jumped up, practically falling over as I ran to my closet.

Once I was ready, which took more time than I planned; I raced downstairs with my backpack hanging off of my shoulder and my hair a mess. "Looks like someone's late," Abel sang from the couch. He had his books spread out around him and I could tell he was finishing up some last minute homework that he probably put off for a week. Idiot.

"Looks like you should shut up," I retorted as I snagged my keys from the table near the hall. I was about to say something quite rude to my older brother when my mother appeared.

"There's breakfast on the table," she told me as I rushed towards the door.

"I'm late, mom. I can't exactly indulge on some pancakes," I responded as the familiar scent filled my nose. I wanted to go grab a stack of pancakes and shove them in my mouth but I knew that if I did, I'd be late for class, and if I'm late for first period again, Ms. Daniels is going to kill me.

Before they could say anything else, I rushed outside and got in my car, swearing as I did.

+ + +

It seemed to be the worst day ever. Not only did I wake up late, but I arrived to class late, earning myself a detention. I guess you can say that Ms. Daniels isn't my biggest fan. I'm not hers either because she's a huge bi—. "Maddox!" Cassidy called.

"What?" I snapped as I turned to look at her. She seemed unfazed by my insolence.

"There's a new girl," she blurted. I felt my jaw clench. She's the third person to tell me this- Jackson and Nicholas already beat her to the punch.

"Yeah, I know, everyone's been telling me," I responded. "And I'll tell you what I've been telling them: I don't care."

"But she's hot," Jackson piped from beside me. "When you see her, you will care."