Chapter 8

Continue of flashback...

So is it final? 50 million?"

The man asked Michal. Their mother Anna was very confused about what was happening. 50 million for what?

"Nora not Maria." To this Nora cried more. It clicked to Theo about what was happening, he was enraged.

"NO! No to both. You may leave now, they are not things to be sold." He said to the man. His father gave him a warning stare, and Maria's tightens the hold on Theo's arm.

Theo was introduced to the mafia thing when he was 18 and now being 21 he knew what these things mean.

"Do you know to whom you are saying no to boy?" The man said.

Theo recognised the Russian accent and put the dots together.

"Yes, I do. Now leave!" He did not say who he was because Maria doesn't know about the mafia.

"You know what, I am bored of this. You are getting nothing in return and I am taking the youngest one."

He raised a gun at father when their guard dog Bruno bit his leg and the man screamed but still pulled the trigger.

There was a shot. Maria screamed next to Theo not because of the shot, but to whom the shot was for.

Nora.

She fell on the floor bleeding from her chest. Their mother screamed, kneeled next to her and shouted for her to open her eyes.

Theo held Maria back because that bastard could take her. She cried in his arms, to let her go but he didn't. A part of him was scared of what would happen if he let her go.

There was another bang when father and he were fighting. It shot the dog. Theo didn't give a fuck about that dog, but there was a pang in his chest because he knew how much Maria loved that dog.

It was a gift from our uncle for her 11th birthday. Only Theo knows that part, he is not allowed to be in this house anymore. Maria met him when she was eight and then never again.

Maria cried harder. The Reed's men came after the sound of commotion. Theo left the room while carrying Maria in his arms, taking her to her room.

She had never seen someone kill or be killed before. She was shivering, Theo tried to calm her down by saying 'she is safe and no one will hurt her', but right now both knew nothing. Anything could be happening downstairs.

Whereas downstairs some guards helped Anna to take Nora to the hospital, while there were people still fighting.

In a matter of minutes, the Russian men came in. Michael knew at this point, that maybe he just signed his death sentence. Maybe he should have given them Maria.

Reed's men were outnumbered when more men barged in but not of Russian.

Italian.

They killed many, but the Russian boss escaped. The Italian didn't stay for long and their capo didn't even acknowledge Michael. He knew who they were and was enraged that they didn't come early to save Nora's life.

That was the dumbest thought. Then it hit him, Nora is dead. Guilt filled him and was about to cry but then blamed someone else. The only thing he could do to not take it upon himself. Blame her.

Maria.

Taylor informed Theo about everything that happened and he was relieved. He turns to Maria who is silently sleeping, with dry tears on her face. He brushed her hair from her face with a smile.

"You are the reason today we are safe and alive sister." He said and kisses her forehead.

Whereas in the hospital it was too late for Nova. Doctors couldn't save her. Anna cried for hours, Michael never came to the hospital, the guilt of Nora being dead was killing him.

So that's what he decided he will make Maria's life a living hell.

********
Sad chapter I know:(

Why do you think Italians saved them.

I don't care if Nora is dead, I care for the dog.

Happy reading:)
XX