Chapter 60

Violence.

Also, this is the last chapter. :) :(

So sit tight. ;)
****************

Maria.

The ringing in my ears doesn't stop. I wince as the light falls on my face making me groan. Discomfort and pain radiate through my veins. The light thumping of the heartbeat accompanies the ringing in my ears.

My head pounds maliciously as I come to consciousness. I let out a groan opening my eyes seeing a bright white room. The sunlight peeked from the windows. My shoulders hurt, so does my neck and my legs. I tried to move but I couldn't.

Am I dead?

I tried moving my arms which didn't bulge making me lean my head down. My eyes met with my hands cuffed with each other.

So I am not dead? Fucking hell.

"Good morning sunshine." My head snapped in the direction of the voice seeing Zamar standing across the room, leaning against the wall.

But what made me stiffen was the knife twirling in his hands. It was a similar-looking kitchen knife that he had used when Aron had attacked me a few months back.

How long was I knocked out? I don't remember what happened after what happened in the basement. Did I pass out due to lack of oxygen?

Panic struck me making me touch my belly wanting the confirmation that my baby is fine. I let out a shaky sigh feeling my small bump and my shoulders relaxed.

"Don't look so happy." I looked back at Zamar who lazily leaned on the wall. "It won't be staying there for any longer." He said with a smirk making my blood run cold.

My eyes trailed to the wooden door, just a few feet away from Zamar. I debated whether to get up from the chair and try to escape but I know I can't do that evaluating all the flaws in my plan.

But I have to try.

With shaky hands, gripping the arm of the chair I stood up. Keeping my eyes on Zamar and the knife all the time, I stood behind the wooden chair, gripping its back for dear life.

"You have a lot of guts to stand here in front of me, knowing what I can do to you." He let out a devious chuckle making me fist my fingers in front of me.

I need to get out of these cuffs.

Not responding I glanced at the door from the corner of my eyes which didn't go unnoticed by Zamar. He tuks and leaned forward from the wall with the knife by his side making me take a step back in defence.

"You know better than to escape, Maria." His Russian accent didn't help my state. Even though he is speaking calmly it sounds as if he is shouting at me.

"Well, I know better than to stay here, Zamar." I spat back. I can't stay here anymore. I won't let them. I have to stay strong for my baby.

I winced feeling heat in my ring finger. Looking down, I saw the diamond standing proud on the ring band of my left hand. Why did I feel the burn?

Taking a deep breath in, I straightened my posture trying to look less scared and more confident. "Alesso told me you know. Everything you did to him."

"Mhm?" He smirked showing his teeth. "All good thing I hope." Is this a sick joke to him?

"No. The fact that you tortured an innocent child!" I said with hatred making him chuckle.

"He is far from an innocent child, Maria." He shakes his head taking firm steps towards me making me go stiff. But I didn't move from my place.