XVII No Edward Cullen

Chapter XVII No Edward Cullen

"It is good to have you back here." Mr. Sardana touched the kid's cheek who held my hand at the inspector's touch. "He looks fitter than ever now."

Tittu obviously did not understand what was told to him but he was well mannered and since Riya and I smiled, he smiled too. Anirudh had a certain errand to run and hence he would drop in later while Riya accompanied me to the station. Since Tittu was here last time, he wasn't uncomfortable as I thought he would be and Mr. Sardana was of course much sweeter and gentle with him.

"So, what have you two decided?"

Decisions and I had a very lasting relationship. Once I took a decision there was no turning back. I'd fall and die with the decisions I took but not go back. It wasn't just me; the same blood ran in my family too, passing such a stubborn gene from my father to both us girls. However, before I took the decision, I had to think and analyze every bit of the actuality and reasons for the same. Never once did I hesitate before complying with my final decision.

This wasn't the case that day.

I couldn't sleep much last night for the thought of Tittu and his future was holding me from laying still. After a couple of hours, Riya was up too, worried for the same reason. That early morning, we sat down together and tried making sense of the situation. The facts had to be scrutinized and appropriate actions were to be taken.

It sounded like an EVS project to me.

Riya judged me for that lame joke and I shrugged, feeling all the more alive than sleepy. Rohan and Raghav were forgotten and Anirudh was kept aside for a later time. For now, we two had a decision to make and on that decision the life of a five-year-old lay. If this same thing was to be thought and pondered on two weeks ago then the answer was clear and there wasn't much to worry about.

Now, we were clearly attached to the kid. The negatives turned into positives and the no's were a miraculous yes's by now. The kid had unknowingly moved us all and right now, the four of us wanted him safe, no matter where he would be. But no matter how much we wanted him well, we knew he couldn't be with us forever.

These were the reasons we jotted down why Tittu staying with us was a problem and a not.

Riya: Cannot stay with him all day... life outside the house is a total wreck... cannot cook for him daily...dampening videos and less practice... constant worry about his sickness... help him eat and take daily care

Purvi: cannot stay with him all day... have to attend lectures and study... will not have the energy to tame his nightmares... cannot spend unnecessarily on him... cannot worry about his health.

However, when we had to write the reasons he could stay with us, it was a complete toss.

Riya: his smile... his innocent eyes... no tantrums... no noise nor drama... eats what is served...cute attention seeker...speaks through beautiful actions...loves my food