XX Zero fucks given

Chapter XX Zero fucks given

Anirudh’s point of view

Purvi was seated on that sofa for too long now and my knees were hurting. Not that I minded because this was her moment, something I waited for a long time. It wasn’t easy to keep something, that secret which you just cannot tell anyone but got to keep it in because it was for good.

Or you thought it would be for everyone’s good.

I am having serious doubts on my decisions.

Out of the four of us who were supposed to bid the kid a final goodbye, Rohan who couldn’t bear the separation, decided to not bid farewell to the kid and since none of the girls could really see him go, it was me who had to drop him to the orphanage. The entire drive he was sad and refused to eat or drink anything. Even when I had to leave from there, Tittu did not react. He was silent and scared but like his aunt, his dignity was his utmost treasure.

He was missing everyone, especially Purvi but he knew he had to do what was told to him. Tittu was one the strongest and mature kids who wasn’t spoiled but wasn’t loved either.

“Purvi, talk to me.”

She didn't react just held her head high and refused to accept the truth. “I don't want to talk about it, because there is nothing to talk about.”

“There is everything to talk about, don't you want to know?” I took her hand in mine but the moment I finished my statement, she stood up. I followed suit and put my hands on her shoulder, trying to let her know that this was the truth.

“Listen to me, Tittu is your nephew.”

“He is not.” She pulled my hands off her. “I don't have a sister and I don't have a nephew. Anirudh, just stop fucking around and get out of my house.”

I was the coolest member of my family, in fact even in my friends. And this is not ‘swagger’ cool, this is calm and collected cool. You could hit me, call me names or even blame me for something I didn't do yet I would react in the same I intend to.

Cool and calm.

Yet now when Purvi was refusing to accept something so important in life, when she was showing a blind eye to the kid who needed her most and when she was being so stubborn was when I felt the rage in me stirring.

It wasn’t the alcohol, because I drank on occasions and never created any scene owing to my moderate drinking and always alert mode. Right now, Purvi held my hand and pulled me towards the door, she just wanted to get me out and with that get this fact out of her head too.

Only Purvi’s infuriating behavior was getting on my nerves suddenly, the fact that there was a five-year-old struggling in his new place was scaring me.

“Purvi” Pulling my hand from her I pushed her slightly, her back hitting the closed door as she winced. “I am not fucking lying to you, Tittu is your sister’s son and he is your nephew. Get it in your head.” She was cornered by me; I had her hands entwined behind her back and me practically on her.