- chap 3 -

I sighed, leaning my head back on the stone wall surrounding the gate of Oyakata-Sama's mansion. "Just because he said don't be late doesn't mean you had to show up an hour early." I scolded myself out loud, It was 3pm and I didn't need to be here until four. Why didn't I just take a nap? Especially since I barely slept last night, I thought. Whether it was out of fear of Shinazugawa's endless wrath or excitement to be spending time with him I couldn't tell. "Maybe this will give me a chance to fix my relationship with him." I really need to stop this habit of thinking out loud, Shinobu's right, I am going crazy. Besides what kind of idiot am I? Really considering the fact my relationship with Sanemi is fixable.

"You're actually here pretty early, guess you're not completely useless after all." Sanemi shrugged walking over to me, "Ready to go?" I asked, God why cant I be more expressive. "I guess. But remember I'm nowhere near fucking happy about this Tomioka." He hissed before starting to run ahead of me, to which instead of replying i just followed closely behind him. Honestly forgetting where we were even going.

"There it is." Sanemi mumbled, His voice hoarse from not talking during our silent 4 hour run here. Before us both was a small village absolutely bustling with people who's clothes reflected colourfully against the lights that were starting to glow due to it getting darker, The smell of street food and the shouts of merchants trying to advertise their products could be heard from where we were standing. "Wow." was all I could utter "Right well let's kill this fucking demon so I can go home and never have to speak to you again." Sanemi huffed, Storming past me. And I just simply followed him into the massive sea of people.

"Master said this demon only comes out in the early morning, before sunrise and we dont need to start hunting until tomorrow so.."Sanemi shrugged as I walked behind him, Struggling not to be swept away by the ppl who keep continuously pushing past me. "Guess we can kill time until then, and although I'd preferably like to go somewhere without you, I'm fucking starving and I guess you probably are too so..." He sighed. "What do you eat? You seem like a shitty eater so what do you want?" He asked, Now turning to face me. He's so close, I thought, now realising our proximity and how i could practically see every detail of his face up close. "Jesus it was a simple fucking question, Is your brain really that small that you can't even think of a simple fucking food that you like?" He snapped. "Uh.. Salmon Daikon." I stated bluntly "I like Salmon Daikon." I stated again, this time my voice being steadier "See that wasn't so fucking hard was it? I saw a small stand that sells it over when we came in I guess we can just go there." He huffed and started walking again, before stopping, realising I wasn't following him.

"Hurry the fuck up, Are you hungry or not?" he snapped "I am. I just don't want to get pushed around by people again." I responded, that must have been the longest sentence I've ever said to him. "Fuck sake Tomioka. You're seriously the fucking worst!" He yelled before harshly grabbing my wrist and dragging me behind him. Spewing out curses about how he hates me and wishes he wasn't on this mission with me, to which I could just keep mumbling sorry.

"Your two salmon daikon gentlemen!" The woman working the stand beamed, handing us our food. "thanks." we both mumble and move over to the seating area so we can sit down. I sat awkwardly chewing on my salmon daikon, I'm here with him yet I don't know how to talk to him. I huff mentally. What would Uzui do?

"Shinazugawa-San, What kind of woman is your type?" I ask him, Uzui asks people this all the time so it's bound to work, right? "HUH??" he yelled, partly choking on the salmon he was chewing "the fuck're you asking me that for?" he hissed, I screwed up. "Oh. Never mind I just heard Uzui-san say it before and thought I could use it to start conversation with you but ignore it, It was a silly idea I just-" I rambled on and on, before he cut me off "Fucking Hell dont blow a fuse. It's freaky seeing you talk so much, stop it." he huffed "sorry." was all I mumbled, going back to silently eating my meal

"Since you, you nosey little shit, asked I'm not all that into women." he shrugged "What?" I asked him, What on earth is he talking about? "Fucking Hell you're such an idiot. I'm into men. Are you fucking slow?" He snapped, glaring at me "oh." I responded "The fuck do you mean 'oh'?! Do you have a fucking problem with it? Because before you go worrying you're pretty little head I'm certainly not into men like you anyway so get off your fucking high horse." He yelled again "No I mean oh as in I wasn't expecting it. Me too. I mean, I like men too." I responded dryly "Ah.." he hummed, his stature relaxing, but there's still something on my mind..

"You called me pretty.." I mumbled glancing up at him

"OH MY GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP TOMIOKA. NO I FUCKING DIDN'T. THIS IS WHY I HATE YOU, MATTER OF FACT THIS IS WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU. I DON'T EVEN WANT TO BE ON THIS STUPID MISSION WITH YOU! WHY'RE YOU LOOKING AT ME?? WE BOTH KNOW I DIDN'T FUCKING SAY THAT." He screeched. He definitely did.

sorry updates are slow atm, I am suffering the worst fever brain known to man and i have like a shit ton of CBA's to do atm srry!!