- chap 8 -

I smiled lightly as the street lights lit up beneath the dark night, or I suppose early morning, sky. "I AM SO SICK OF THIS SHIT!!" Sanemi yelled, quickly snatching my attention from the beautiful village around us. "We've been walking around this heap of shit village all night and we still haven't found that fucking demon! I swear I'm going to murder it so hard when I find it for making me do all this shit!" he raged, I suppose it makes sense as even I was getting a bit frustrated, of course not to the same extent as him though. "Maybe we're in the wrong village." I joked, sort of. "Of course we're not dickhead! I'm the one who brought us here so obviously we're in the right place!" He snapped, I suppose joking with him when he's like this isn't a good idea. I simply nodded in response and we walked in silence.

The silence between us was calm, aside from Sanemis grumbled complaints. "Sanemi you just need to take a breath and relax. I know we'll find it eventually." I smiled, trying to comfort him. "NO. We need to find it now! Every second we chase our fucking tails another person could die! how can we call ourselves hashira if we just spent the whole fucking night struggling to look for a demon, leaving more lives in danger?! He snapped. Ah "Sanemi I understand that but we're just hashira, we can't play god. People live and people die that's just how life works. We protect who we can in the moment we're in we can't do anything other than that." I responded "Instead of focusing on who we couldn't save yet we need to focus on who we can save in the future and find that demon." I stated, grabbing his hand without thinking. "Uh... yeah I guess you're.. right.. yeah." His mood noticeably doing a 180, his eyes not leaving the sight of our intertwined hands. I stared into his piercing violet eyes, god he's so attractive. Without thinking our faces were now only mere inches from each other, his breath tickling my face. I closed my eyes as our faces leaned closer, our lips now a mere light tilt of the head apart, but my racing mind and our moment was cut short as the blood curdling shriek of a woman sounded through the village from just ahead of us, causing us both to harshly jerk back to reality. "Shit!" Sanemi cursed, sprinting toward the noise with me closely following suit.

We skidded to a halt as we stared at the sight infront of us. A large, red demon sat hunched over a bloody, mangled figure. clearly too invested in its meal of what once was a lively young woman to pay us any attention. Blood dripped from its mouth while it's long, fierce claws scraped at her remains for anything it could devour. It was disgusting. The scent of blood and guts took over my head making me crinkle my nose in disgust. Sanemi turned me a questioning glance 'should i let it know we're here?' is what his eyes were clearly asking, to which i just shook my head 'surprise it.' i glanced back to which he firmly nodded, pulling his sword from its hilt preparing for combat. He prepared to strike before a horrifying cackle cut through our thoughts. "surprising me won't work!" It's raspy voice laughed "I can see you." It shrieked again, revealing multiple eyes all over its body from head to toe. "I can see everything." It grinned, turning its bloody face to look at us for the first time since we arrived.

"Well no fucking shit." Sanemi grumbled.

YASSS A NEW UPDATE  💀💀 BUT HI HRU IM BACK AND HOPEFULLY ILL BE MORE CONSISTENT but no promises 😞💯 (also imagine how the demon looks urself aside from the few features i gave idm!)