Mission Assignment

White light filled the dark tunnel. I stepped into the room and the door clicked into place behind me, resetting all its locks.

If there was any word I'd use to describe this room it would be frightening. Actually terrifying. Jaw-dropping, goosebumping terrifying.

It showed how Madam Ichka was a product of many, many generations of wealth and thus power.

The Planning Room was a masterpiece. So carefully designed and developed. The technology in this room easily surpassed that of any nation's military base. Well obviously, since the Golden Eagle Enterprises specialize in the manufacturing of missiles and weaponry. It's a major supplier of weapons to the world. But the technology found in this room is exclusive only to Golden Eagle Enterprises. A magician never reveals all of his tricks.

White LED lights zig-zagged across the length of the walls. In the center of the large room, a long clear table was placed. But this wasn't a regular table. It had floating holograms of people, places, and information. Every detail of the world was probably secured into this 14 foot long table.

"Welcome Amara."

I turned to look at Madam Ichka seated at the head of the table. Oleg, Pavel, and Anya were also seated next to her. Anya rolled her eyes as soon as she saw me. I rolled my eyes back at her. Wait a second, why is she here? I couldn't be because…

"Everyone in here is part of the team in this mission assignment."

She's going to be in my team? I have to see her frowny face all throughout a mission? This-this is too much!

"Madam Ichka, you can't be telling me that I have to work with her!" I cried out in agony.

"Hmph, like I'm so thrilled to work with you," Anya muttered quietly.

"I have picked this team for specific reasons which you will not ask or question, Amara. Take a seat." Madam Ichka left no room for me to speak.

As much as Madam Ichka lets me get away with things more than other assassins, she doesn't tolerate disobedience. Her favoritism won't extend that far.

I sat down next to Oleg on Madam Ichka's right and waited for her to begin to explain the mission.

"Open Case 234."

The other holograms settled down and a 3D image of a young man floated in the center. The man was refined looking, with a clean shaven face, dark hair, and tanned skin. He was certainly handsome, but that's irrelevant and useless for me to care about.

"This is Armand Leroy, our prime target."

His details flickered into view next to his hologram.

Name: Armand Jacqués Allard Leroy
Age: 26
Height: 6' 4" (193 cm)
Weight: 82 kg (about 180 lbs)
Eye color: dark brown
Hair color: dark brown
Location: Paris, France

Profession: Director of Leroy
Aviation, a subsidiary of Leroy Group

Family: Son of Leroy Group's chairman, Jacqués Leroy and Adelle Belmont, CEO of Belmont Cosmetics Inc.

Close associates/Friends: Trevor Adom, Louis Dubois

Hobbies: Swimming, Cooking, Eating, Boxing

Background: Business card of Leroy Group was found on the Californian coastal home where the deceased Avalie Delmiont was last seen. And a dead Leroy employee was found there as well.

"Take a look. Be sure to remember the profile well."

Oleg nudged my shoulder. "Ha, would you look at that? He likes eating. He's basically your soulmate, Amara."

"No, he's not. I hate boxing." I glared back. He is associated with my  mother's death. A person like that would never be in my good books.

Madam Ichka waited for us to finish reading before she continued to explain our case.

"A business card of the Leroy Group was put in the house where Avalie Delmiont was last seen. It belonged to the director of Leroy Aviations."

Oh that's odd. The evidence was placed so perfectly. In the house, right under our noses and Golden Eagle didn't find out about this seventeen years ago?

"I know that all of you are thinking that the evidence was found so conveniently after seventeen years. So we do have reason to believe that this was a case of framing.

"And if that were the case, that would mean that this is a high profile person since they have knowledge of the Golden Eagle Assassins. This could possibly mean that they are trying to turn us against Leroy or set a trap to expose Golden Eagle's assassin business."

But that would never really work out. Many people have tried to expose or trick us in many different ways but it never worked out for them.

"But we should also never rule out the possibility that it is simply Leroy Group that is associated with this murder, besides we knew that there was someone after Avalie Delmiont before her murder. Sometimes the most simple conclusions are the correct ones."

Madam Ichka flicked her hand and the hologram disappeared. She tapped the table and a map of a building popped up.

"A blueprint of the Leroys' mansion will be downloaded onto your devices. This is very important. I need a detailed search of this building."

Wow, this mansion's size could compete with the Okhan Mansion. But of course, our Okhan is a little bit bigger. I continued to examine the blueprint. Hmm, it was a very detailed sketch. Wonder why  Madam Ichka didn't just ask the person who made a sketch of the building to search it. 

"All of the files and information are extremely secured and very difficult to access."

Oh that's probably why.

"I need this team to try to find whatever you can in this house. Focus on who their enemies might be, that might lead us to discovering who left that business card and dead body."

Pavel frowned and pointed at the locations of all the CCTV cameras. "This is not going to be easy. How are we planning to enter the building?"

Madam Ichka smiled her signature tiger-eats-deer smile. "Simple. Under disguise."