Flirt Master Can't Flirt

Electricity zapped between us.

Time stopped.

All the noise in the cafe died down and all I could focus on were those dark, hypnotizing eyes.

He started to walk towards me and I was still entranced.

I felt a sense of déjà vu, like I've experienced this feeling of pure wonder before. Long before. This person was familiar. I definitely saw him before. But from whe-

Target. Our target. Armand Leroy.

The main suspect to my mother's murder.

I've got to snap out of this and look away before we generate enough electricity to blow up a transformer. I'm on a mission for heaven's sake. I forcefully dragged my eyes away and pretended to be immersed in the food in front of me.

He approached where I was sitting and cleared his throat.

"You're sitting in my seat."

His voice was deep and rich, perfect for chocolate commercials. He had a slight French accent too. It wasn't too noticeable, but still present.

But wow, what a stuck up person. Reserving unreserved seats.

"I thought these seats weren't reserved." I said, offering a sideways glance.

He smiled and gave a short nod. "Point taken. You can continue sitting here. I don't mind at all."

He took a seat across from me. And I noticed the bodyguard Trevor Adom, who we were supposed to scout today, stood at his right and another blonde-haired man stood at his left. A bunch of security lined up left and right, filling up the cafe's space. This was unexpected. What was Armand Leroy doing here? Why is he sitting here? Does he always have this much security? This was not going according to plan, but I have to improvise and make use of this situation.

"I'm Armand. Armand Leroy. Your name?"

Cue American mission worker guise. I made sure to make an overexaggerated gasp.

"Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe I'm actually getting to meet you in person! I'm actually a part of a mission group called Be the Light. We were actually looking to contact your company if you'd be interested in donating. And I am actually such a huge fan of your mother's perfume line!"

Dang, I'm such a great actress. I never even tried their perfumes.

He smiled amused, a half-smile that probably charmed anyone within a heartbeat. "I can tell how excited you are based on the amount of 'actuallys' you said. But you still haven't given me a name yet."

"Isabella Smith." One of the most common names in the world. Would have to track down a lot of Isabella's before finding out I don't exist.

"Beautiful name. I can call you Bella for short. It's very nice to meet you."

This guy was obviously flirting, maybe likes to go at random females for fun. He seems subtle and pretty good at it too. But obviously I'm better. I'm the master of flirting. Unfortunately I can't flirt back because I swore into celibacy for my future plans of becoming a buddhist monk and also the small detail that I'm on a mission which involves me trying to figure out whether this man is or is not responsible for killing my mother. So yeah, definitely no flirting.

"So Bella, you said you are a fan of my mother's perfumes? Which one do you like the most?"

Oh shoot. I didn't expect he'd ask this.

"Well I must say they are all absolutely wonderful. I really can't choose. The perfume you're wearing must be from her collection I bet. Smells very good."