1.1

Miss Sara quietly hums to the song playing on the radio

Miss Sara quietly hums to the song playing on the radio. I sit there just staring out the window, as today was a beautiful day, I saw many families together. Mothers, fathers, cousins, uncles, aunts, children, it was a pretty sight. My heart started aching remembering Isa, Dimitri, Issac, and Luka. My poor babies suffering, it should've been me, I've done so many bad things, I deserve it, not them. She turns into my neighborhood and slowly pulls into the driveway. I quickly jump out of the car taking in the damage of my house, or my old house. It doesn't look as bad as yesterday, my men cleaned up some of it. I walk into the house telling Miss Sara to stay back. I take my knife and keep it in front of me, in case someone is hiding there. When I step inside, all the bodies are gone, there's no blood on the floor and everything seems almost intact. I put my knife down running up the stairs to Isa's room. It smells just like her. I blink back tears and walk into our shared closet and pick out certain outfits, like sweatpants, tops, under garments, hoodies, and a few bottles of perfume. I shove them into my suitcase, dragging it to my room and picking up a few of my favorite things. I grab my favorite picture of Isa, Dimitri, Issac, Luka and me. We were all eating ice cream a few years ago and Isa and Luka were having an ice cream fight and Dimitri was actually smiling. That was the time where I finally learnt the true meaning of happiness. I carefully wrap the photo frame with tissue and gently place it in my suitcase. I take one last look at my room making sure I haven't left anything and left. 

Next I went to my office which contains all the electronic devices and guns. I pack my phone charger, MacBook pro, iPad, and the security key to our house, that immediately locks down everything. I grab a few guns and knives, and put them in a secret compartment in my suitcase, then shutting it. I drag them both down the stairs and take a final look at the house. The photos on the wall of mainly me and Isa are hanging. I close my eyes and breathe in the scent of the house, then step outside and initiate the lockdown. I turn my back towards the house and walk to Miss Sara's car, placing the suitcases in the trunk. I sit in the car and motion to her that I'm finished packing. "Okay honey, I'll start driving to their house, everything will get better I promise." She looks at me with soft eyes then reverses out of the driveway. We leave the neighborhood and I can't stop staring back. I barely even lived in that house and I'm moving, just as life was going well, I have to get snapped back into reality. Life is full of ups and downs, many people say you'll have a crisis in your life. Either at the beginning, middle, or end of your life. I'd like to think my crisis was when I was living with my mother, but the universe has different plans for me of course. I watch as we drive into the richer part of LA. Beverly Hills area, you know? We lived near the other side, we didn't want to be next to the rich snobs. The house we moved into was pretty new, only constructed a month or two ago. If anyone is rich, they probably are going to live in Beverly Hills, because of the celebrities. 

We reach a house with gates and guards placed around the entrance. Miss Sara drives forward until we are stopped by the gate and security. "Hi, I'm here to drop of Arabella Ivanov. My name is Sara." She shoots the guy a smile. He responds with a stoic face.