•1•

•                      •                         •                      •

The ball rolled across the old brick bridge that grew cracks everyday as it aged.
Fast foot steps ran after the purple ball that lead those fast little steps into the unknown dangers.

"Don't go past that bridge! What did i tell you bun." The older voice called out to the fast steps.

A little girl with a long simple dress and soft h/c turned to the voice.
There stood a older woman with long h/c hair that grew more grey every day, with similar attire.

"But grandma!-" "i don't care, your grandfather has told you, so have i, countless times about the country side! C'mon." She grabbed the little girls hand and dragged her away from the bridge. looking back, the young girl saw a boy holding her ball. He had slanted yet large red eyes, making her freak out a little but did not panic.

"Let's get home bun. Your helping tonight since-" the girl ignored her grandmother and so. To be punishment for being by the bridge again.

Days later, the young girl visited the bridge with a smaller ball. She wanted to toss it into the woods that was on the other side of the river.
She slid the ball like a bowling ball onto the bridge, having it go quickly into the forest.
She soon, if not immediately, sat on the grass, waiting for the ball's return.
After a few minutes, the ball didn't come back, making the girl bored.

But the sound of rustling in the bushes could be heard. She perked her head up from her lap. She saw those eyes again. She stood up quickly, now full of energy once again.

"Hello! Do you have my ball?" She asked from across the bridge. Nothing, just a pair of red eyes staring at her. She felt a shiver but swallowed her fear.
She looked at the bridge that was on deaths row. She tapped the bridge with her bare feet. It was cold due to the season. But.

She stood on it, feeling it hold her weight she smiled as she quickly ran to the eyes that watched her closely. But her foot slammed on a crack, making a small hole where she stepped.

She began to scream but was stopped seeing a hand grab hers. She looked up to see a boy her age. But he was very much pale, as well as his clothing was more foreign.
The boy pulled her up with little to no struggle.

"Who are you?" The girl asked once standing on the grass that was shaded. He didn't respond, just giving her a confused look. She raised a brow.

She pointed to herself. "Y/n!"  The boy nodded in understanding. His stale face grinning into a confident smirk.
He mimicked the girls move. "Kars." The two laughed at how awkward they sounded.

"Do you, kars, have my ball?" She asked, making movements like anyone would with a soccer ball or a basket ball. He nodded, walking back into the forest, the girl following.
He handed her the ball filled with hay. She grinned. "Thank you!" She was about to turn around to go back but.. She waved, the boy just staring at her.

For serval days, weeks, months and years. Y/n had visited the boy. teaching him a little language so they can speak. And which they did, finding out a lot about the Boy.

•                      •                         •                     

"Granny we can't move!" You slightly yelled. The old woman sighed. "Its for the better. This city has too many people going missing! And your only 11 bun." she stated with a tired tone.
She packed the baskets and boxes while you tried to change this decision.

"Y/n, your parents wouldn't want you to go missing either.-" "don't bring up my parents, like they could care! They left me here, why don't you!" The girl yelled making the old lady sigh. "You want to stay here, in this horrible town and not go to the bigger city where you can have friends?" She asked staring at the little girl. It was common for little kids to be left abandoned, especially if theres a group moving at once.

"I have a friend! He's the only friend i need!" you yelled as the woman just stared at you with a glare. "Do whatever. stay here then. A brat that your being right now will not be acceptable in my home. So stay here." She stated as she shoved the last box outside for the men to put in the wagon.

You nodded. "The leave. This is my house now." you shut the door on her, soon hearing the wagon shuffle along.
That may or may not have been the worst decision you had possibly made. The house sat empty yet warm.

You shut and latched the door, running to the bridge. It was very late. But you didn't care.

"Kars! You in that weird forest of yours??" You asked avoiding the bridge cracks. Nothing. Damn it.
You sat down waiting for what felt like ages, small rustling was herd.
You began to smile but it dropped seeing a very tall and built man. He definitely wasn't apart of the town. He had similar clothing to kars.

"Why are you here?" He asked with a devils grin with hunger in the mans eyes. Your face paled. "W...waiting." You said slowly. He reached to grab you. "Why aren't you running home." He smirked, small fangs appeared. You looked at him in the eyes.

"Not like there's anyone waiting for me at home. So i dont need to!" You huffed out in a rushed tone. The man stared at you. Soon fast foot steps ran from behind the man.
"Y/n! Its late!" The man turned to the boy, a smile appearing on your face.

"Kars. How do you know her." The man turned to the boy, a look of anger on his face. "You know what I've told you before. So has everyone else. Humans are food not play mates." The man stated with a yell.
Kars didnt flinch or talk back. "Your coming with us." The man grabbed your arm. "Okay." the man nodded leading you into the forest.

You didnt care to be honest. The town was very anti social, hell. Not many people knew you in the town.

You looked to kars who couldn't even look at you. You didnt know the secret about him or where he came from. All that you know is his village was very strict and hidden.

After hours of walking, you soon saw a large cliff with a large hole. Walking through it, soft light was soon seen.
A small town of people thrived. You noticed the holes in the side of the mountain, that was also lit up, as well as rock and stone bridges high above with people walking on them. But.. You noticed the people flying, serval kids running at amazing speeds.

Your eyes widened in amazement.
"Kars... Youve been living here..." You mumbled but he heard. "Yes.." Is all he said. You awed but... Your awe disappeared as you saw cages with people in them. People surrounded the cages handing items to... Its a trade of people... Trafficking...

The man smirked down at your face. "That will be you soon you know. Someones dinner." You froze at his statement. "W...why?!" You asked, panicking. "Were not human. But we require humans to live."

"were what you humans would call, vampires."

•                  •          end               •                  •