In Serbia

The hissing of air bellowed throughout a darkened cavern and the sound of buzzing and grinding echo through the halls. Men and women dressed in utilitarian clothing pass through the reflective hallways like shadows, each making their way to their assigned duty. The cavern was made up four main rooms that connected to make a huge underground square located underneath an abandoned railroad station in Serbia. The leader of the dark station was man whose face was hidden behind a mask. He remained most of his time in the center of the cavern among eight computer screens, watching the world through security cameras.

The man in the mask was an important figure among the men he worked for. He was unbelievably rich from his international profession: human trafficking. His job was to seek out people who were looking for a moment to misbehave, and then he would send out the appropriate victims to them. The masked man was once partners with the infamous Moriarty before a conflict sent them separate ways, it was then he changed his name to Seth Mullen.

Seth swiveled in his chair as he stared at a security camera that overlooked Baker Street, London. A smile slithered on his face and he turned to the opposing monitor that had a live feed of Sonia's hospital room. Seth powered off the computers and stood up from his chair. He exited his room and clipped at a fast pace down the echoic halls to the main exit. He tightened the mask around his face, which covered everything but his eyes and a rectangular cut-out for his mouth. Naturally, he had the color molded in black.

"Where are you going?" asked one of his workers.

"I'm picking up Sonia," Seth answered. "She's done her work; we know where to find them now." Seth pulled down an iron lever that lifted up a barded door. The door groaned under its own weight, but managed to rise high enough for Seth to slip out. When the door closed, Seth bundled up under his wool coat and hiked up a flight of stairs that were protected by cement walls. It wasn't an easy journey for anyone who was claustrophobic, for it was only wide enough for a large chested man to walk through sideways. There were large holes that led the sewers; they were lightly netted to keep out insects, but fragile enough to break in case of a flood.

Seth scaled the stairs and made it to the top where he was met by overgrown shrubs and tree roots. He weaved around the woodland maze and at last, stumbled out onto an overgrown field that was about three miles from the nearest road. Seth breathed out a cloud of cold air and trekked through the prickly brambles and stiff grass. It wasn't a pleasant journey, but he had faced much worse things so, in fact, the three miles walk was a moment for him to think about things.

When at last he had reached the road, Seth made the final walk to a gasoline parking lot where he had parked his car. He took out his keys and got inside. He struck up the ignition, buckled up, and pulled down the driver's side mirror. Carefully, he began removing his mask. First the straps around the skull were loosened, and then the buckle around the neck was snapped off. Gingerly, he pulled his face out, gasping for the fresh air that he had missed for hours.

He looked up in the mirror and touched a line of scars that traveled down his jawline and forehead line. He wore the mask to protect the surgery that had been done, and only removed the mask to keep from appearing suspicious. Seth chuckled maniacally as he stroked his face. Under his breath, he whispered, "Oh, doctor, would you like to see me now?" He slammed his foot on the gas pedal and pulled out in an eager fury. Seth followed the road that took him to the airport, where he would board a plan directed to London. And after picking up Sonia, he would go to Liverpool to deal with some business. And, most of all, he knew who would be waiting for him: Doctor Watson and Sherlock Holmes.