I thought I lost you

"Y/n...Y/n..?", you hear a calm, sad voice waiting you to wake up after being passed out for over 12 hours.

With still tired eyes, you try to see whose voice it is that is calling you.

Slowly opening your eyes, with a blurred vision and a bright white hospital light shining all over the room, tickling your nose, you notice soft, long, white hair dangling above your face.

As you regain consciousness, your vision gets better and you see no other than your best friend, Sanzu Haruchiyo, with his pretty blue eyes and fluffy white lashes you always were envious of, staring at you.

Worried, yet relieved he takes both your hands and holds them tight between his-his hands are bigger so they fully cover your tiny ones.

"I'm so glad you're alive!", He says with a bright smile, holding his tears back.

Chuckling, you sit up on your bed to get a better view of your best friend. "Awh, there, there...", You now place his hands between yours. "Why wouldn't I be?", You say with a confused smile.

"Y/n..." "Hm?" "You..." "I..?" "What do you remember doing before sleeping this long? You sure seem exhausted...", His gaze didnt leave yours. Not even for a second.

The more concerned and quiet Sanzus voice became, the more did your smile fade. "The last thing huh...", You look down at your hands.

"Oh! That's right! We were with Toman, riding bikes and I was sitting behind you on yours!", You quickly lift your head with a big smile squeezing his hands.

"Yeah...I know that much but...did you just fall asleep on my back or what..?", He smiled a bit with a small frown hoping for you to remember more.

"Umm...we had the streets all to ourselves since it was night and...there was this guy..? I'm sure he wasn't from Toman. He was following us and we were at the end of that bike chain too. Then you yelled my name and pushed me off I think...then I heard Mikey and the others calling both our names...", You said not too worried. After all, you're both doing just fine spending your time together like you always do.

Sanzu continues to smile at you then pulls u into a hug. A long one. You can feel him tremble a bit until you start hearing sobs as well.

You try to pull away from the hug to look at him but as you try to move, Sanzu just tightens his arms around you. He doesn't want you to see him cry. You can't do much about it so you accept the hug you too need and start caressing his hair.

"I thought I lost you...", He said so quietly, basically whispering.

As you hear his words, you tear up - no. You press his hair together in your fist and bury your head in his neck before starting to cry loudly.

Neither of you know whether it's because Sanzu's words hit you like that or because you're glad to still be by his side - it's probably both, but you 2 just stay in that position for about 10 minutes.

"Don't you have to leave?", You sob. "As if I'd go just like that after causing you to end up here out of all places.", You never heard your best friend sound so serious. Not around you.

It was getting late & you still haven't regained your energy so Sanzu, like the caring best friend he is, forced you to go to sleep.

No matter how bad you wanted to keep talking to him like he too did with you and no matter how many nights he stayed up with you, he was too worried about your condition to let you stay up late.

Another reason you wanted to stay awake was because you are scared. Scared of him to leave you. Scared of him to leave you because he's feeling guilty. But he promised to stay. And if he left, he would always come visit you. Everyday. Everyday until your recovery.