Sorry for your loss

You 2 just sit there staring at each other. "Wait, you recovered already?!", You are surprised & happy for your best friend "And the first thing you do is check up on me?!"

"What else am I supposed to do? Of course I'd have to see how my best friend's doing after something like that.", Sanzu says boldly with a 'duh' laughter.

"We have to tell the others!", You excited look for your phone. While you struggle to find it, it fortunately rings. "Ah!", You look at the caller's name. "mY kEy", It says.

"Yo Mikey, I was just about to call you! Sanzu-", He cuts you off.

"Hey Y/n, yeah this is Mikey. I'm so glad to hear your voice, especially in such a happy tone. I know Ken-chin already told you, but again we're so sorry we can't visit you yet. Sorry to have cut you off like that. You were gonna say something, weren't you?"

"Don't worry, it's fine, I'm happy to hear you too! Anyways, yeah. Draken said you don't know how Sanzu's doing so I thought I'd tell you. He's doing better than me actually! When I woke up at the hospital, he was already here so he recovered faster than me. He's also basically with me 24/7 so I'm not lonely at all. I'm sure he'll come see y'all soon too!" You hear no response but a background convo between Mikey & probably Draken.

"They say they're with Sanzu...", Mikey says with a desperately quiet voice. "...didn't their mom say something about ptsd..?", Draken expresses himself not different from Mikey. "How are we gonna tell them about the funeral..?"

"Mikey? Who are you talking to? Is that Draken? And what funeral?", You're obviously curious since you're definitely not up to date. "Spooky~", Sanzu tries to lighten the mood.

"Y/n, listen. We know you're most likely not gonna have much of understanding but Sanzu's not with you right now. We don't even know if there's anyone by your side...", You can hear Mikey's concerned.

"What are you talking about?", You giggle & reach your hand holding your phone out to Sanzu "Tell them!", They hear your excited voice.

"Hi there captain. Sorry for being out of reach. I've been watching over Y/n since that day & won't ever stop so there's no need to worry.", Your best friend explains smiling at you.

"Y/n? Are you there? We can't hear you."

"Huh? Was I muted? Ugh, anyways I'm fine. And sorry for your loss of whoever passed away, you must feel really down so I don't wanna bother you any longer. Is this bye for now?"

"We'll call you back soon Y/n, take care and...well, tell Sanzu we said hi".

Your phone beeps from the ended call. "Dummies.", You roll your eyes with a playful smile.