≼≽ Chapter 4 ≼≽

I wheezed as I wiped away the sweat that was dripping along the side of my face, before tightening my high ponytail.

After the whole meeting, I left immediately and rushed home to change into a sports attire and went out for a run. Karma said nothing nor asked what I was doing, probably didn’t give a sh*t about me.

Running was the only thing that could ease my mind, as the muscle pain and fatigue could distract my other thoughts and focus on the main thought.

‘Tokyo Manji Gang’

It was said that it all started around this time…

If I could find them, maybe I could stop that traumatic experience from happening again.

Then I wouldn’t have to live through that pain again.

My thoughts were distracted by  deep screams  and cheers from what sounded like people in arenas.

Looking down from the sidewalk, I saw hordes of men around my age, positioned themselves in the stairs. Some were cheering from their seats  and others were standing and yelling bets to one another.

Just right below them stood two men—one who looked petite and the other who looked like  your typical gangster.

‘Is a fight gonna happen?’ I stopped walking, placing my hood to shield my face before resting my hands on my hoodies’ pockets.

A guy with blonde hair, who was a few steps below me, caught my eyes. In the corner of my eyes, I could see him clenching and unclenching his fist and looked hesitant.

As the cheerings began to sound louder,  he screamed.

“WAIIITTT!!!”

The crowd became silent and all heads were now focused on this young blondie.

With my eye still on him, he made his way towards them, acting all brave and bored but in fact he was trembling and you could see it as he gripped his hands behind his back preventing them from shaking.

“We’ll ain’t it boring to watch the same type of match every single time?”

“Don’t you want to see something new?” He said as he made towards the center of the crowd, to the guy with a cigarette hanging from his mouth.

If this were a gang, that man would probably be the leader.

As he continued to speak, I could hear the fear and hesitancy mixed with his masked bravery. Hiding his fear with a smile, he declared a fight with that black haired man.

And compared to him, he looks like a shrimp against someone who looks like a gorilla.

A fool indeed. He stands no chance against the big guy.

I watch as he takes each blow, not allowing himself to fall down. Standing tall, he welcomes each blow and grunts as blood begins to pour out of his nose.

How boring.

What’s more boring was the fact that all the b;lack-haired guy’s moves were sloppy and easy to read.

“A punch in the ribs,” I muttered. And he did.

“Another punch in the face.” He did.

“And on the side of his temple.” I sighed in disappointment as all my predictions were correct and each blow landed exactly where I pictured it.

I’m just wasting my time here. I should get going.

Just then, a movement caught my eye, more like something in his pockets did.