Chapter One

The everyone in the village was gathering supplies for the festival of the lords. Leanne was the leader of the building team as they love her ideas and skills. As she gets everything organize, some girls came and taunted her with harsh words

"Hey freak!"
"Loser!"
"How's mental ill mommy?"

Leanne ignores them as she focus on building the stage for the lords. Who were coming in a week or two. Then she hears the annoying kids again.

"Hey freak, my friend asked you a question about your mom, she was just concerned thats all!" Girl one said as she flips her hair back behind her shoulder.

Leanne tries to ignore them but she had say someone positive.

"She's perfectly fine, now I have to get back to work!" Leanne smiled as she returns on hammering some woods together.

"Hey leave her alone now or I'm going to beat your asses! And kick you three to the next village!" Raven said, who was Leanne's best friend.

The three mean girls all stick their tongues as they walked away. Leanne smirks and fist bumps Raven.

"You know for a fact I got your back!" Raven smiled as she continues her work on the stage.

"I know you do, and I have your back!" Raven said to her. Then Leanne chuckles as she see that Raven had a blue paint spot on her ass.

Raven notices her laughing, she was confused as Leanne points at her bottom. Raven looks back as it was a shape of a hand. Then she looks at her hands and remembers that she helped someone with painting.

"I guess you're already claimed by someone...is it papá smuf!?" Leanne laughs again. Raven mouths dropped as she throws some water at her.

"Melt women..." Raven smirks and blushes.

Leanne wipes the water away, and then all of a sudden someone comes up to the stage.

"Are you Miss Leanne Hazewood?" The strange man said.

Leanne sees that he is dress like a higher upper class, but he rode on a beautiful horse with a four of the lords crest on the leash.

"Yes I am, may I ask who you are?" Leanne gets up from the floor, as she walks to him.

The guy takes off his hat and bows his head. As he hands over a letter to Leanne, she sees and she crosses her arms, as she been told as a child to never take anything from strangers.

"Answer my question boy!" Leanne smirks.

His eyes widen as he laughs.

"I am the letter man, I deliver letters from the four lords and Mother Miranda. And I was specifically told to hand you this letter and only you, Miss. Hazewood." He hands Leanne the letter again.

Leanne wipes her hands as she takes the letter. She sees House Dimitrescu crest sealed, her eyes widen as she opens the letter.

"Lady Dimitrescu has ordered you to come to her castle tomorrow at ten, as she has a project for you too build. And don't be late...she hates on being waited!" The guy rides the horse away, everyone around the stage sees that Leanne has been called by one of the lords.

She's heard the stories of women entering the castle and never return. But she wasn't afraid, as she opens and reads the letter.

Dear Miss Leanne Hazewood,

As I have been told you are excellent at building and fixing. I must have you come to my to my castle, where I have a room that needs to be fix for personal reasons.

Come at ten o'clock, and I'll discuss further details of the project. As I was also told you are working on the festival event for the Mother Miranda, Lord's, and I, which you can skip for a bit. The villagers can handle it by themselves.

I will give you 800 Lei, but if you can impress me more on how well you skills are, I will give you 1000 Lei!

See you tomorrow

Sincerely,
Lady Dimitrescu

Raven comes as she snatches the letter out of Leanne's hand. Her eyes widen as she sees it, she looks at her as her mouth drops to the floor.

"Lady Dimitrescu is paying you?! How and Why!?" Raven asked, Leanne shrugged her shoulders as she was confuse on it too.

"Well it's a big job offer, I might as well take it! Beside you know that my mom and I are trying to get out of the village, that's why we're saving money." Leanne tells Raven.

Raven remembered as she nods and hands the letter back. As Leanne folds the letter back into the envelope, she got a scent of Lavender.

Leanne ignores it as she continues with the stage set up.

As the sun was setting, everyone that helped with the stage all went home. Raven and Leanne walked home together as they were neighbors ever since they were little kids. Raven said her goodbyes as she walks into her house.

Leanne sees her small but cozy home that she and her mother build together. She can smell her mother's cooking as she walks through the door.

"Mother, I'm home!" Leanne announced, she placed her bag onto the floor, away from the door.

"I'm in here sweetie! Dinner is about to be done!" Leanne's mother said.

Leanne takes off her shoes, her leather gloves and her hat, which she's always worn since she was a little girl. Leanne found it at her grandmothers house, when she and her mom lived there.

She never really remember a whole lot of her childhood...nor has Leanne ever met her father. But she didn't care, all she truly care is her mother. Her mother had to be the father as she worked odd jobs...people didn't hire her after her mothers problems from the past. Leanne doesn't know why but everybody in the village can't tell her.

"Mother I have some news! I got a job offer!" Leanne said with excitement. Her mother turns around as her mouth dropped.

"Oh my goodness! I'm happy for you darling, how much are they paying you?" Leanne's mother asked as she pours the soul into two bowls.

"Well they are paying me 800 Lei, but if I impress them very well! They will give me 1000 Lei!!" Leanne said as she grabs the bowls and places them down.

Her mother was extremely happy as they held hands as they said a-little pray.

After their pray, Leanne's mother asked who was going to be paying her. And Leanne was a little hesitant at first but she said it.

"I'm getting pay by umm...Lady Dimitrescu!" Leanne said as she looks at her mother.

"No...you are not working for her! That is final!!" Leanne's mother strictly told her.

She was confused but she still was going tomorrow, even if she lies. It's money...Leanne is willing to do anything to earn it.

"She has a room that she wants me to fix for personal reasons, and it's good money mother! I don't see why—" her mother cuts her off.

"I said no Leanne, I don't want you to go to that fucking monster's castle! Even if the money is good, you're not going!" Her mother sounded even harsher then before.

After eating, Leanne cleans the dishes as she was going to take the job offer. She had to tell Raven and the rest of the villagers to lie to her mother on where she's at.

Leanne goes to bed as she holds the necklace that her father gave to her mother to give to her, when she was a baby... she was till going to fix Lady Dimitrescu room and get payed!

~~
Welcome to my new book! I'll see you guys in the next one