contemporary contempt

RIPLEY'S POVonce again some of the team were called into studio A for god knows what

RIPLEY'S POV
once again some of the team were called into studio A for god knows what. we all just stretched until emily and michelle came out their office.

"so this year at regionals every team has to compete a contemporary routine." michelle started

"michelle and i have narrowed it down to this group of dancers to compete for a spot on that dance."

"since all of you have different strengths, we're going to pair you up to see who's the best for the dance." michelle said and began pairing.

it was kingston and ozzy, piper and davis, summer and richelle, then kenzie and i.

"Yeah Kenzie's good, but I'm better. I got this."

"you guys are going to put on your best freestyle for noah, and he will be in charge of picking who is on the contemporary dance." emily told us and he nodded.

"sounds good."

"all right may the best dancers win." "good luck."

the two then left and we all spread out and started making our audition pieces. "so you think you'll get a spot on the dance?" kenzie asked me as i finished my set of turns 

"oh most likely." i told her with a shrug.

"well that's kinda cocky." she muttered and i rolled my eyes.

"well, you asked. plus contemporary is my strong suite, you just do acro."

"just acro?" she repeated and i shrugged. "ok, it's on."

~~
during our break i went into the locker room to see ozzy digging through kingstons locker. i tiled my head confused as i walked further into the room. "what are you doing?" i asked making him jump and let out a yell.

"jesus- ripley you need a bell." he said making me chuckle. "and, nothing."

"nothing? so your not neck deep in kingstons locker?" i asked and he locked at the locker, back at me, then took a step back.

"i was not." he said and i gave him a look and he sighed. "ok, i'm trying too-"

"wait does it involve me?" i asked interrupting him.

"no." he shook his head.

"then i don't care. i need to run my dance so tell me later." i said going over and kissing him quickly and went straight back to studio A

~~
once our time was up each pairs went up. finally kenzie and i were up and the music started and i just felt the music.

afterwards noah took a minute before reading the names of the people now in the contemporary small group. "summer, piper, kingston and ripley."

i didn't miss the glare davis gave piper though, they both agreed not to throw ariels since piper didn't have hers, key word is didn't. piper ended up throwing hers, surprising us all.

i notice the angry look on ozzy's face as he stormed out the studio. i was gonna go after him but noah went instead.

when everyone else dispersed and noah came back, i went to the locker room to see him on the couch. "hey."

"hi." he said dryly as i took a seat next to him, resting my arm on the couch behind him.

"i know you're not mad about the dance." i said softly and he nodded

"cause i'm not."

"i think you should tell michelle and emily. he doesn't realize he's hurting the team. plus i can tell this is eating you up." i said playing with the hairs at the back of his neck.

"your right, rip. i'll tell them." he said looking up at me.

"i'm always right, lovie." i said leaning forward to kiss him. i didn't miss the way his cheeks turned a shade of pink at the nickname.

"he's gonna hate me." he told me

"he'll get over. he needs to realize what he's doing."

"you're to good to me rip. i lo- i appreciate you." he said making me smile.

"i should be saying that." i said and he leaned over to hug me. after another ten minutes, richelle texted me, ready to go home so i left ozzy to his thoughts when i left.