audition subtraction

RIPLEY'S POVonce again we were all in studio A while kingston sat in a meeting with emily and michelle about his grades

RIPLEY'S POV
once again we were all in studio A while kingston sat in a meeting with emily and michelle about his grades.

i was in my own world on the side while everyone else- besides ozzy, we're waiting with anticipation.

"right now, i couldn't care less if kingston stays on the team. he did this to himself."

he was allowed to stay but wasn't allowed to dance until his grades were up. once kingston was gone henry came up with the idea to each help kingston with a certain subject.

while they elaborated i played with my nails when my sister turned to me. "rip, your good at history, could you help piper?" she asked me.

"i'll pass." i said with a smile.

"ok we know your not friends at the moment. but can you at least try to help?" henry asked and i looked up thinking about it.

"nah."

they begged and i rolled my eyes. if he really wanted my help he could've asked we before all of this. my sister got sick of this, grabbing my hand and dragging me away to the side of the office.

"ok I get it your mad. but this is for the team." she told me.

"he put the team in this spot. I didn't." i shrugged.

"i know, but right know you need to be the bigger person and just help him for know. teams help each other out." i rolled my eyes at this. "come on for the team." she said and i just stared at her "fine, if you don't help I'll tell mom and dad you snuck out to see ozzy for the past 3 weekends in a row." she said with a smirk and face my faltered.

"that's cold. fine i'll help." i grumbled.

"she said she'll help!" richelle exclaimed turning to the team who cheered.

i walked back over with richelle and we turned to kingston who was doing homework on the benches. "hey kingston, you ready?"

"for what?"

~~
sadly, it was my turn to tutor kingston with piper and i just wanted to get this over with so i can spend less time with him.

"ok lets get this over with. this guy was alexander the great's father." i read out of the book while sitting on the bench.

"james." kingston said confidently and i scoffed.

"this is gonna take awhile."

"nope."

"ryan right?"

"not even close."

"well I probably would get it right if you could be more helpful." he told me crossing his arms.

"or- hear me out, you read the text book." i told him setting it down next to me.

"or- hear me out, you're not a good teacher." he told me and i stood up in his face.

"or- maybe your just stupid!"

"hey cut it. what happened between you two?" piper asked and we continued to glare.

"he's a jerk."

"she's a jerk."

"the actual reason." she said and the two scoffed.

"he's mad he's the alternate cause he didn't do his school work. ozzy tried to help, but he was being stubborn and the jerk he is."

"well maybe if he didn't snitch, I wouldn't be off the team right know."

this made me snap. "I really didn't think you were that stupid. you put yourself in that spot cause you slacked off. now I want you to listen for once in your life. life's not all about dance, you don't have to choose between dance and school. you do both! once you realize that and get your head out of your, butt don't talk to me!"

with that i stormed out the studio and into the locker room where a few a troupers were. i swung my locker open and messily dug through my locker. "uhh, ripley. you good?" henry asked me, sensing my anger.

"peachy. what do you think?"

"i'm gonna go with not good." henry said, glancing at the rest of the team.

"what happened?" jackie asked me

"kingstons a jerk, i shouldn't have tried to help him." i said simply.

"but if you don't help him, he'll fail his class". kenzie pointed out and i waved it off.

"not my problem now is it?"

"it may not be yours, but it's the teams. and your on the team." davis said and i slammed my locker shut.

"look kingston's being a jerk. i'm not talking to him and maybe once he gets his head out of his butt and realizes that it's his fault he's failing, then maybe I'll consider talking to him."

"but-"

"no but's about it. and I swear to god if one of you try to get me to talk to him I'll- " i was cut off my richelle and henry's hands slapping over my mouth before i said something out of pocket

"ok lets not say things we'll regret." my sister said.

i pulled their hands off my and kingston walked in the room. he opened his mouth the talk to me but before he could i walked out, numbing his shoulder in the process.

i sat in shakes and ladders on the couch for about 30 minutes thinking until kingston sat next to me. i went to get up but he stopped me.

"wait please. before you say anything I want to apologize. I thought that dance was the most important thing and I realize now that I can do dance and school at the same time. I let my pride get in the way and I'm sorry. I got mad at you about it and you and ozzy were just trying to help. i'm sorry i took this out on you and was a jerk. it wasn't cool and id like my best friend back."

i smiled at the apology and held out my hand waiting, "guess you're forgiven." i said making him laugh, while dapping me up.

~~
the next day we all stood in studio A to see if kingston passed his exams. since kingston and i never finished our history lesson, ozzy and i finished the course.

we all anticipated excitedly as he slowly walked out of the office. "i'm back!"

when the troupe seen ozzy and i celebrate with kingston, they all cheered in relief. "finally your friends again."

A side blasted through the speakers and we did what we do best, dance.